Replacing the Wood Grain Panels

oakville_edge

Hi guys,

So as I wait for my order, one of the things I asked the dealer if they could do was replace the wood grain panels on the front dash with the Silver ones from the SEL/SPORT. My first question is, are they decals are panels that can easily be changed?

If they're not decals, anyone with a SEL want to trade panels in the Toronto, Ontario area?

Hi guys,

So as I wait for my order, one of the things I asked the dealer if they could do was replace the wood grain panels on the front dash with the Silver ones from the SEL/SPORT. My first question is, are they decals are panels that can easily be changed?

If they're not decals, anyone with a SEL want to trade panels in the Toronto, Ontario area?

Have you seen the wood in person? I am pleased with mine. They are dull and dark. Very classy. Unlike stuff I've seen in the past.

Yes I've seen the "wood".

It just doesn't suit me.

I agree - The silver that matches the trim would look waayyyy better! Would also be interested to know if there's anything out there to cover that up! They also had to throw that ugly "wood" paneling around the dash too - whatta shame!

Not to "dis" the MKX but I think that gold dash trim is pretty cheesy. I like the Edge dash much better

There's no gold trim in my MKX nor any other that I'm aware of. The dash/door panels are a weave aluminum in the base, real wood walnut or ash in the mid-level and a special aluminum in the Limited. Personally I find even real wood trim in a vehicle looks terribly dated and avoid it if at all possible. The plasti-wood on the Edge is a good implementation compared to plasti-wood trim in some other vehicles but that's the only good thing I can say about it.

There's no gold trim in my MKX nor any other that I'm aware of. The dash/door panels are a weave aluminum in the base, real wood walnut or ash in the mid-level and a special aluminum in the Limited. Personally I find even real wood trim in a vehicle looks terribly dated and avoid it if at all possible. The plasti-wood on the Edge is a good implementation compared to plasti-wood trim in some other vehicles but that's the only good thing I can say about it.

The pictures I've seen of the MKX console looks like it is gold. or gold/brown.

• 10 years later...