Cargo Liner

My 2011 Ford Edge is on order and I should be receiving it the end of November / First week in December. I am looking at getting a cargo liner and floor liners. I was just wondering if anyone has experience with the WeatherTech cargo liner for the Edge and how it compares to the OEM Ford Edge Cargo Liner.

Ford sells the cargo liner for $90, but on autoanything.com they have the weathertech cargo liner for $127. Just wondering if the weather tech is worth the $40 extra.

Lasty, Does anybody have the weathertech floor liners and how do you like them?

My 2011 Ford Edge is on order and I should be receiving it the end of November / First week in December. I am looking at getting a cargo liner and floor liners. I was just wondering if anyone has experience with the WeatherTech cargo liner for the Edge and how it compares to the OEM Ford Edge Cargo Liner.

Ford sells the cargo liner for $90, but on autoanything.com they have the weathertech cargo liner for $127. Just wondering if the weather tech is worth the $40 extra.

Lasty, Does anybody have the weathertech floor liners and how do you like them?

I have the Wethertech in Cargo, rear and front. Molded versions to Edge. Far superior to Ford OEM (I actually picked up Edge with OEM's provided by dealer, took them out immediately). Worth the extra $.

I bought the OEM cargo liner & I can say that anything is probably better than what I got. I wouldn't recommend the OEM product but it'll have to do for me right now.

Can't answer about the mats. I'm looking also for a '07 MKX & will probably go with WeatherTech DigitalFit - something that doesn't seem to be available for the '11 Edge/MKX yet.

Was about to order the WeatherTech for my new 2011 Edge, had the Cargo Liner for the 2010 in my cart at Amazon and was about to order when I decided I had better do some research.

Right now WeatherTech does not show a Cargo Liner for the 2011. I sent an e-mail to them asking when the Cargo Liner will be available for the 2011. Ford also shows a different Cargo Liner for 2011 so there must be something different.

Does anyone know what the difference is between the 2010 and 2011 in regards to the cargo area?

I have not been able to compare the 2 Cargo Liners but from what I can gather in my reading the WeatherTech has generally been regarded as superior to the Ford Cargo Liner.

Edited by curlysir

Was about to order the WeatherTech for my new 2011 Edge, had the mat for the 2010 in my cart at Amazon and was about to order when I decided I had better do some research.

Right now WeatherTech does not show a mat for the 2011. I sent an e-mail to them asking when the mat will be available for the 2011. Ford also shows a different mat for 2011 so there must be something different.

Does anyone know what the difference is between the 2010 and 2011 in regards to the cargo area?

I have not been able to compare the 2 mats but from what I can gather in my reading the WeatherTech has generally been regarded as superior to the Ford mat.

I am not sure about the WeatherTech, but I took my OEM cargo mat from my 2010 when I traded it in and it fit perfectly. If something has changed, its not the dimensions.

Was about to order the WeatherTech for my new 2011 Edge, had the mat for the 2010 in my cart at Amazon and was about to order when I decided I had better do some research.

Right now WeatherTech does not show a mat for the 2011. I sent an e-mail to them asking when the mat will be available for the 2011. Ford also shows a different mat for 2011 so there must be something different.

I have not been able to compare the 2 mats but from what I can gather in my reading the WeatherTech has generally been regarded as superior to the Ford mat.

I have the Weathertech DigitalFit in my Taurus and they fit great but scratch easy (women heels, not good). In my 11 Sport I have the OEM rubber mats and the are a good fit, tough quality and look nice. The cargo liner ($80) for 2011 has a lip all around to keep in any liquid (2010 no lip) and easy roll up if needed. It has the EDGE logo that looks cool too. My old 07 Edge OEM mats were made of a heavy rubber. I like the new 2011 mats better then the olds ones and weathertech's. IMOP

Edited by 11Sport

I have the Weathertech DigitalFit in my Taurus and they fit great but scratch easy (women heels, not good). In my 11 Sport I have the OEM rubber mats and the are a good fit, tough quality and look nice. The cargo liner ($80) for 2011 has a lip all around to keep in any liquid (2010 no lip) and easy roll up if needed. It has the EDGE logo that looks cool too. My old 07 Edge OEM mats were made of a heavy rubber. I like the new 2011 mats better then the olds ones and weathertech's. IMOP

Is the ($80) 2011 cargo liner you have an OEM?

I just talked to WeatherTech and they said that theCargo liner for the 2011 Edge is different and would be available in 6-8 weeks.

Apparently there must be some difference between the 2010 and 2011 as both WeatherTech and Ford have different Cargo liners. But, from what I am reading here the difference must be small.

I would like to get a Cargo liner now but I am concerned about the quality of the Ford mat.

Edited by curlysir

I just talked to WeatherTech and they said that the mat for the 2011 Edge is different and would be available in 6-8 weeks.

Apparently there must be some difference between the 2010 and 2011 as both WeatherTech and Ford have different mats. But, from what I am reading here the difference must be small.

I would like to get a mat now but I am concerned about the quality of the Ford mat.

2010 has a hook on the carpet that goes into a hole on the drivers mat.

2011 has 2 stems on the carpet that snap into the drivers mat.

I perfer the Edges OEM mats over weathertech. Now in my 2010 Taurus I perfer weathertech over OEM.

2010 has a hook on the carpet that goes into a hole on the drivers mat.

2011 has 2 stems on the carpet that snap into the drivers mat.

I perfer the Edges OEM mats over weathertech. Now in my 2010 Taurus I perfer weathertech over OEM.

CARGO LINER not floor mat. I have read about the difference in the floor mats but this topic is Cargo Liner.

I just talked to WeatherTech and they said that the mat for the 2011 Edge is different and would be available in 6-8 weeks.

Apparently there must be some difference between the 2010 and 2011 as both WeatherTech and Ford have different mats. But, from what I am reading here the difference must be small.

I would like to get a mat now but I am concerned about the quality of the Ford mat.

You keep typing mat here.....

CARGO LINER not floor mat. I have read about the difference in the floor mats but this topic is Cargo Liner.

.....so sorry