iPhone Bluetooth Audio?

I'm trying to get MyTouch to play (and list) music off my iPhone over bluetooth and not having much luck. Actually, I'm having no luck.

Phone works great with making calls and all that, just can't seem to get the audio to work. Would be nice to not NEED to use the USB cable.

Make sure you have the audio out set to Sync and make sure Sync is using your bluetooth audio input (after the phone is paired).

I'll try when I get home but would this mean I'd have to switch it back and forth everytime, cause that sounds very inconvenient.

My Iphone 4 had some issues with it but is now working without any intervention. It is somewhat limited since you can only go forward and back. In other words, it will not manage your playlists etc... from the Sync screen (that I have found and I mainly played with it a little bit - i have a dedicated ipod in the car that I dont use anymore)

JJ

My Iphone 4 had some issues with it but is now working without any intervention. It is somewhat limited since you can only go forward and back. In other words, it will not manage your playlists etc... from the Sync screen (that I have found and I mainly played with it a little bit - i have a dedicated ipod in the car that I dont use anymore)

JJ

I have had continued issues also with iphone 4. There are MANY threads on this. The phone functions generally work (but for contact photos which ticks everyone off).

The bluetooth audio is spotty. It either works just streaming (volume only ) or just stop/pause/next/back on screen. Oddly mine reverted to "audio with volume control" only recently after I re-paired my phone.

I have now had to re-pair my phone about 5 times in two weeks as it just "stops pairing" with the MFT. Twice while trying to delete my iPhone before re-pairing, it locked the whole MFT. It required a "car off for a while reboot" before I could pair it back again. Once I re-pair, it seems to work for a few days then get flakey again.

Hopefully next iPhone update will help with BT flakyness. :angry:

I have had continued issues also with iphone 4. There are MANY threads on this. The phone functions generally work (but for contact photos which ticks everyone off).

The bluetooth audio is spotty. It either works just streaming (volume only ) or just stop/pause/next/back on screen. Oddly mine reverted to "audio with volume control" only recently after I re-paired my phone.

I have now had to re-pair my phone about 5 times in two weeks as it just "stops pairing" with the MFT. Twice while trying to delete my iPhone before re-pairing, it locked the whole MFT. It required a "car off for a while reboot" before I could pair it back again. Once I re-pair, it seems to work for a few days then get flakey again.

Sounds like my issue!

I'm amazed when it works without intervention.

BTW: iOS4.1 has bugs and it is also required to utilize the track advance feature. Let's hope iOS 4.2 helps. It's due out in Nov.

Strange, mine pairs just fine and has been rock solid in that respect, just couldn't figure out the music issue but now that I hear all you can really do is go back and forth anyway, I'm a bit discouraged.

Strange, mine pairs just fine and has been rock solid in that respect, just couldn't figure out the music issue but now that I hear all you can really do is go back and forth anyway, I'm a bit discouraged.

Both my 3gs and my husband's pairs just fine depending who gets in the car first gets the connection, but it connects just fine. I haven't been doing much else with it through the system though.

Go to the iPod on your iPhone and make sure the audio source is set to bluetooth, not speaker.

Ok - I finally tried this today ( I have an old ipod I have been using). I didn't have to switch any settings on the phone except what I wanted to play - you just have the select the correct option on the car. I was able to do front, back, start, stop, and volume. I found where it says you can index your bluetooth devise but never could get it to start. discouraging to not even get track name or info displayed, but it works fine. Just kills your battery so I don't see that being something I will do often. I am curious to try Pandora later today. Turns out the app wasn't on my phone.

Ok - I finally tried this today ( I have an old ipod I have been using). I didn't have to switch any settings on the phone except what I wanted to play - you just have the select the correct option on the car. I was able to do front, back, start, stop, and volume. I found where it says you can index your bluetooth devise but never could get it to start. discouraging to not even get track name or info displayed, but it works fine. Just kills your battery so I don't see that being something I will do often. I am curious to try Pandora later today. Turns out the app wasn't on my phone.

The MetaData (or track info) can only be sent by phones that support a particular higher version of AVRCP (Audio Video Remote Control Profile/Protocol) today the iPhone has version 1.0 I beleive to allow the play, pause, back and forth and so on.. what we really want is version 1.4 of AVRCP to allow even the indexing and browsing, I would be at least happy to see progress to 1.3 of AVRCP which would give us the MetaData info.

I am not sure of the exact Bluetooth profile either that give the contact photos, I think it might be BIP Profile. Here is a great link to wikipedia and bluetooth profiles.

Edited by francois.nc

• 4 months later...

I just downloaded and installed iOS 4.3 on my iPhone and found it's got new MyFordTouch capabilities. Instead of just allowing pause, play and skip when playing Bluetooth streaming audio, I'm now able to fast forward and reverse through the audio too - a definite plus.

I haven't had a chance to try SMS to voice yet, but a guy can be hopeful, right?

I just downloaded and installed iOS 4.3 on my iPhone and found it's got new MyFordTouch capabilities. Instead of just allowing pause, play and skip when playing Bluetooth streaming audio, I'm now able to fast forward and reverse through the audio too - a definite plus.

I haven't had a chance to try SMS to voice yet, but a guy can be hopeful, right?

I just downloaded 4.3 last night. I will test out the capabilities today.