SYNC Maintenance??

So, last night I jumped in the Sport, start it up, and the 8" screen was blacked out. Sat there for a minute....nothing. Turned the motor off and started it back up.....NOTHING. No response to touch. I'm thinking WTF now! Radio was off and would not turn on. Tried the 5 way controler...nothing again.

Now I.m sitting there for about 3 minutes and then I see a little backlight. Then 20sec later the screen fires up black with white text reading

SYNC

powered by Microsoft

Performing scheduled system maintenance

----------Progress Bar here--------------------

3 to 4 mins later it finished and all was good. everything works fine like before.

So what is this Scheduled Maintenance? The dealer has no idea. Anyone see this on their MyTouch?

Edited by 11Sport

Well, that is very interesting.

Could you provide details on when your Edge was built (more specifically, I'm looking for when your SYNC was originally flashed/installed)? That might give us a comparison (if it happens to anyone else) or timeline for when it might happen. While I'm currently having phone connection issues that a SYNC master reset did not correct, this intrigues me. I have an inquiring mind. :P

Thanks for any info.

So, last night I jumped in the Sport, start it up, and the 8" screen was blacked out. Sat there for a minute....nothing. Turned the motor off and started it back up.....NOTHING. No response to touch. I'm thinking WTF now! Radio was off and would not turn on. Tried the 5 way controler...nothing again.

Now I.m sitting there for about 3 minutes and then I see a little backlight. Then 20sec later the screen fires up black with white text reading

SYNC

powered by Microsoft

----------Progress Bar here--------------------

3 to 4 mins later it finished and all was good. everything works fine like before.

So what is this Scheduled Maintenance? The dealer has no idea. Anyone see this on their MyTouch?

Yes...twice last week. I had seen a couple of posts about this so wasn't too surprised. Ok after I restarted engine.

Well, that is very interesting.

Could you provide details on when your Edge was built (more specifically, I'm looking for when your SYNC was originally flashed/installed)? That might give us a comparison (if it happens to anyone else) or timeline for when it might happen. While I'm currently having phone connection issues that a SYNC master reset did not correct, this intrigues me. I have an inquiring mind. :P

Thanks for any info.

All I know is that the Edge was delivered to the dealer on Sept. 20th. Dont know how to get the other info you asked for.

Did you get an update from syncmyride for your phone issues?

All I know is that the Edge was delivered to the dealer on Sept. 20th. Dont know how to get the other info you asked for.

Did you get an update from syncmyride for your phone issues?

This is the canned boot screen. Your system rebooted.

It' not really scheduled maintenance

I've always suspected that each MyTouch system needed to be rebooted a couple of times after the initial install on the assembly line.

SYNC

powered by Microsoft

Sign up to SyncMyRide and you can see the Sync software install history for your car. The software was first installed while the car was being built.

There are no updates for our Edge's yet.

Edited by wilsons66604

This is the canned boot screen. Your system rebooted.

It' not really scheduled maintenance

I've always suspected that each MyTouch system needed to be rebooted a couple of times after the initial install on the assembly ...

Ummm

Not so shure...

Why does nobody mention this anywhere yet..i have not seen anything written reporting this.

When you guys pull out the #29 fuse ..thats a reboot..no.? When people do so, does it say system maintenance ?

All i know is that i have a brand spankin new sport that i got on tuesday. Works flawless so far ( everything..ipod,usb,bt,)

And am very happy (and impressed..) And the EXACT same event and the way it was reported by the OP happend to me, exactly as described..same date..and maybe same time. I could have written and posted this...

I works wonderfully well...

I will report more on my new sport..now..I'm driving

Cheers

Edited by Stephen

Ummm

Not so shure...

Why does nobody mention this anywhere yet..i have not seen anything written reporting this.

When you guys pull out the #29 fuse ..thats a reboot..no.? When people do so, does it say system maintenance ?

All i know is that i have a brand spankin new sport that i got on tuesday. Works flawless so far ( everything..ipod,usb,bt,)

And am very happy (and impressed..) And the EXACT same event and the way it was reported by the OP happend to me, exactly as described..same date..and maybe same time. I could have written and posted this...

I works wonderfully well...

I will report more on my new sport..now..I'm driving

Cheers

Mine says "Performing System Maintenance" when I pull the fuse.

I have had to pull the fuse for the following so far:

- USB ports stop working 3-4 times (fixed this by upgrading iPhone OS to v4.1)

- GPS fails to find location - Sync Services turn by turn 1 time

- Sync Service turn by turn download fails repeatedly 2 times

I have seen the system reboot itself once but I think it just froze up and rebooted.

It would really be nice if they gave us a reboot button in an update while they work on the bugs.

Mine says "Performing System Maintenance" when I pull the fuse.

I have had to pull the fuse for the following so far:

- USB ports stop working 3-4 times (fixed this by upgrading iPhone OS to v4.1)

- GPS fails to find location - Sync Services turn by turn 1 time

- Sync Service turn by turn download fails repeatedly 2 times

I have seen the system reboot itself once but I think it just froze up and rebooted.

It would really be nice if they gave us a reboot button in an update while they work on the bugs.

On gotcha there...If the system is locked up, how do you get to the reboot button.?

I've considered wiring a button to fuse 29 but jeez! ...this is s new car and it should work.

Ford needs to communicate with us and let us know they are working on a fix.

I had that issue happen basically twice in a row. I knew something was up the first time when I turned the car on and the phone wouldn't connect, then the touchscreen wouldn't work. I thought it had something to do with me trying to upload a version updating software the night before.

Just got mine this week...

I had that issue happen basically twice in a row. I knew something was up the first time when I turned the car on and the phone wouldn't connect, then the touchscreen wouldn't work. I thought it had something to do with me trying to upload a version updating software the night before.

Just got mine this week...

That's what mine did the other day. It rebooted twice

Here's a good one...

I went to change the rearview camera setting this morning when Touch flashed a white screen with a little Microsoft Windows message box. It flashed so quick I couldn't read it. This was followed by the animated Ford logo then a black screen. Touch eventually restarted (performing scheduled ...) after what seemed like a couple of minutes.

It's a new day!

My stepdaughter was playing around with the Genre on my iPhone4 connected via USB so it would play only Emo artists during the morning drive to work. During my lunch break drive, i wanted to shuffle/browse all my music (4053 songs) but it would only display half of the songs. WTF?!? When I started the vehicle for my drive back home, I got the Maintenance Screen and everything was working again (any past indexing issues were gone). Unfortunately, this lasted for a couple days and I am having indexing issues again.

I don't think this Maintenance screen is a reboot as the AM radio came on a couple seconds after the progress bar started. Maybe this maintenance screen just cleans up cached files of some sort. It is running Windows after all.

My stepdaughter was playing around with the Genre on my iPhone4 connected via USB so it would play only Emo artists during the morning drive to work. During my lunch break drive, i wanted to shuffle/browse all my music (4053 songs) but it would only display half of the songs. WTF?!? When I started the vehicle for my drive back home, I got the Maintenance Screen and everything was working again (any past indexing issues were gone). Unfortunately, this lasted for a couple days and I am having indexing issues again.

I don't think this Maintenance screen is a reboot as the AM radio came on a couple seconds after the progress bar started. Maybe this maintenance screen just cleans up cached files of some sort. It is running Windows after all.

I also noticed that the radio does work before the Touch reboot is done. That may be because some systems like the radio are still running on the Sync system. The Touch system (8' screen) is a separate system.

You may notice from time to time that the 4" Sync screen is not in sync with the 8" Touch screen (ie not the same audio sources are displayed on both screens). Ford tries to make it look like one system but it's clear that they it's not.