How do I track my build progress?

richy

I registered on Synch my ride site and sent them an email about tracking the build date as someone on here had suggested. I got a reply saying they couldn't do it and I didn't see on the site where you could check that. Any ideas, short of bugging the dealer, where I can check the build progress of the vehicle?

I registered on Synch my ride site and sent them an email about tracking the build date as someone on here had suggested. I got a reply saying they couldn't do it and I didn't see on the site where you could check that. Any ideas, short of bugging the dealer, where I can check the build progress of the vehicle?

Bug your dealer - they are earning a commission on selling this car and not having to work at all on the sale.

The Ford scheduling system is updated on thur. evenings. Call your dealership on Fri. for the latest status.

There used to be a number you could call and pretend you were the dealership and get status, but it got overwhelmed so it now requires a password. Once the vehicle is built, the SYNC website will have the build date information associated with your VIN.

I got a reply saying they couldn't do it and I didn't see on the site where you could check that.

When you put your VIN in your account on syncmyride.com, it comes back saying that there is an error, and no sync is associated with that vehicle. I had gotten from cyberdman that my build date was supposed to be yesterday.... so this morning I hopped on syncmyride.com to see if anything was different, and YES!! The error message was gone! Looked around, and finally went to 'view updates' (it shows all updates that are done on your vehicle's sync)... and there it was... installation!!!

I understand sync is pretty much the last thing installed, so my car is DONE, baby!!! Now the waitout for shipping. *dances around*

Hope you get info on yours soon!!

When you put your VIN in your account on syncmyride.com, it comes back saying that there is an error, and no sync is associated with that vehicle. I had gotten from cyberdman that my build date was supposed to be yesterday.... so this morning I hopped on syncmyride.com to see if anything was different, and YES!! The error message was gone! Looked around, and finally went to 'view updates' (it shows all updates that are done on your vehicle's sync)... and there it was... installation!!!

I understand sync is pretty much the last thing installed, so my car is DONE, baby!!! Now the waitout for shipping. *dances around*

Hope you get info on yours soon!!

Thanks. I re-attended the sync site and found it under the updates. Mine is also built and awaiting shipment. I gotta get my ass in gear and get the safety done on my trade so I can go ahead with the paperwork on the trade as soon as it comes in.

FYI, there is another way which someone had shared on this forum on a different thread that I read after posting mine. If you join the Blue Oval forum and make 10 posts, you can then go on the Ford Employee section to the VIV locator and an employee who works in Oakville does it on his own time. All he asks is that you follow his procedure and post a pic when you receive the car. He has given me 2 updates so far.