Instant Fuel view on left LCD, feedback requested

mv-clear

Hi,

I have a Canadian 2011 EDGE FWD, I noticed a strange issue and wanted to ask if anyone else has noticed it.

I set my left side display to display the instant fuel display. I was at a stoplight and reset it. Normal fuel economy should bearound 11 liters per 100 kms. But while I was at the light the numbers just kept increasing. It displays I was using 59 liters per 100 kms. When the light finally changed to green and I started driving it then started lowering the numbers. It then hovered around 17 liters per 100 kms. That's some really bad mileage..

I noticed at everytime the car is stopped and in drive the instant mileage display shows it's using tons of fuel, but as soon as you start driving it's ok. I think its inaccurate but i'm not sure. (still on my 1st tank of gas)

I wanted to know if anyone else has seen this display when stopped and if it displays that it's using a ton of fuel?

Thanks for listening.

M.

Hi,

I have a Canadian 2011 EDGE FWD, I noticed a strange issue and wanted to ask if anyone else has noticed it.

I set my left side display to display the instant fuel display. I was at a stoplight and reset it. Normal fuel economy should bearound 11 liters per 100 kms. But while I was at the light the numbers just kept increasing. It displays I was using 59 liters per 100 kms. When the light finally changed to green and I started driving it then started lowering the numbers. It then hovered around 17 liters per 100 kms. That's some really bad mileage..

I noticed at everytime the car is stopped and in drive the instant mileage display shows it's using tons of fuel, but as soon as you start driving it's ok. I think its inaccurate but i'm not sure. (still on my 1st tank of gas)

I wanted to know if anyone else has seen this display when stopped and if it displays that it's using a ton of fuel?

Thanks for listening.

M.

I think it means that when you are stopped and the engine is running, you are getting really bad gas mileage at that moment. zero miles per gallon.

I think it means that when you are stopped and the engine is running, you are getting really bad gas mileage at that moment. zero miles per gallon.

Exactly. When you're stopped, you're using fuel, but going nowhere. So, your "instant MPG" is going to keep skyrocketing up whle you're motionless.

Exactly. When you're stopped, you're using fuel, but going nowhere. So, your "instant MPG" is going to keep skyrocketing up whle you're motionless.

That makes sense... kinda weird to see that if you reset while the car us running and stopped at the amount of fuel per 100 kms keep rising even though you aren't using much. it would be nice if when stopped it wouldn't update, maybe keep things more accurate as over time lots of stop and go would affect the numbers... but i'm not complaining. :)

That makes sense... kinda weird to see that if you reset while the car us running and stopped at the amount of fuel per 100 kms keep rising even though you aren't using much. it would be nice if when stopped it wouldn't update, maybe keep things more accurate as over time lots of stop and go would affect the numbers... but i'm not complaining. :)

But you ARE using fuel therefore the calculation is correct. The same thing happens if you're in MPG mode, do a reset and then stop. The MPG drops because you're using fuel but not going anywhere. It's a simple math calculation.

But you ARE using fuel therefore the calculation is correct. The same thing happens if you're in MPG mode, do a reset and then stop. The MPG drops because you're using fuel but not going anywhere. It's a simple math calculation.

Thanks for the clarification, you guys are right it does make sense... learning lots.. Its a huge step up from my 10 year old civic.. :)

M.