Retrosolution's 2011 Ford Edge Sport HID Kit

I'm from driveaccord forum as well. I brought two HID kits from RS. If the light don't fire up, the first thing Todd at RS tell you to do is to check the ground and check the ground again. Retrosolutions are nothing but relabel generic made in china kit, very similar quality as the 40 bux DDM hid kit. Their lifetime warranty is a sale gimmick. If they go belly up, who's going to cover the warranty of the kit?

Hi. looking for hid kit for my edge. thought retro-solutions was good vendor till i read this - problems. should i by from retro or from xd sense xd is in canada likes me?

I am from Driveaccord,

Please don't try to put the blame on the people once again. Driveaccord has a whole thread dedicated to you and your company. There are currently 6 pages, I highly doubt that an ongoing discussion of 6 pages is "just nothing". In addition, I have emailed you 2 times, in the past couple of weeks regarding my HID ballasts or bulbs that do not work and keep going off, you still have not answered and are blatantly ignoring me. Others have tried contacting you as well, but you ignore. You were on Driveaccord on Wednesday, yet you never answered or commented in the thread to help people out with their problems, you just ignore once again.

In addition, you set yourself appart from the competition by stating that you have "Lifetime Warranty", to me Sir that is, excuse my French, Horse-shit. How is one supposed to get their so called "Lifetime Warranty" when you do not answer and repeatedly ignore people?

Every time someone has a problem, it is never your ballasts or your items, it has always been the users fault, which I dont believe is true. In addition I highly doubt your HID's are German made, high quality as you call them, or else they wouldn't be flickering and causing trouble.

Why did you run away from Driveaccord? Is that a correct way to deal with peoples problems? You ran away from Driveaccord and became a sponsor on the Ford Forums thinking we wouldn't find you?

Your products are nothing but made in China I suppose, this guy here had trouble with your wiring harness and had to drive home with his parking lights:

http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?37372-Lights-don-t-turn-on-or-turn-on-and-then-off&p=375541#post375541

Your lifetime warranty has become common even on ebay now, not because the kits are so amazing, but because, like you, sellers can purchase kits form China for a very low price, and can afford to give out a free one when the customer complains that it failed. This pretty much outlines everything:

http://tl.acurazine.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9101995&postcount=20

I, once again, want my warranty that you promise, but you run away from. I am informing people as so they will not fall into your "trap" as you call it.

thanks for that infos. i see xd gives 2 relay harness. is this better than one relay harness?

I'm from driveaccord forum as well. I brought two HID kits from RS. If the light don't fire up, the first thing Todd at RS tell you to do is to check the ground and check the ground again. Retrosolutions are nothing but relabel generic made in china kit, very similar quality as the 40 bux DDM hid kit. Their lifetime warranty is a sale gimmick. If they go belly up, who's going to cover the warranty of the kit?

Hay Todd, looks like our old friend BlazedUp has bought himself a "MADE in JAPAN."

Might be time for our over worked and under appreciated moderator to take a look?

FYI: Our HID’s are still doing more than I hoped!

And thanks for taking care of MY ops.

ab

Retro-solutions is overpriced cheap overseas garbage. Their kits will blow out your SJB and unless you like spending $200 for driving a pididdle......stay away from any HID kits. The lens housings are not designed for hid bulbs. If you must have a kit......buy a Mculloch kit. I have had both and there is no comparison. BTW, Todd is a tool.

BTW, unless you remove the kit prior to warranty work....retro kit will void your warranty on anything powered electrically on your vehicle....and this is straight from ford.

LMFAO @ "We have clients...other vendors have customers". Hahahahaha......Tool !

Ablb........I have never been on an accord forum...I hate Hondas with a passion......glad to see I made such an impression on you considering Blazedup hasn't existed in over 2 years.

Todd, I never did receive a thank you for being the one who helped you realize that you need a relay harness for the Edge because as you stated and I quote...."we now include a vehicle specific harness because of people like you"........your welcome. BTW, the kit still doesn't work with the harness.

Edited by ThinLine

you told us that you installed it without the wiring that was required and against our recommendation, and after being told why you and then came on the forums and flat out lied about it installing it correctly. Just like you lied about it costing $1000 to replace the SJB Ford replaced for you, despite installing it incorrectly.

Works fine for everyone else that installs it correctly.

That would be your new kit that doesn't work, as we gave you a refund on the used equipment you sent back to us.

I did receive a refund which other companies may not have done. It was never installed incorrectly....the kit simply did not work. I was fortunate enough to have the SJB replaced under warranty. All I want to convey is that these kits are in fact illegal and it is up to the individual if they wish to install them. Your customer support was not lacking in any manner. You already made a killing on selling kits that cost you about $40. 350% profit is not too shabby. I wish you and your "business" the best of luck.

Haha.....I never said I did not get a refund Toad. BTW, you may want to screen your employees better. Some of them give out way too much information.....like how much you actually pay for the kits you sell. I feel for you man, that's greasy even for me. BTW, I was thinking about getting a kit for my 2001 Mustang GT since that electrical system is not pulsed and will work just fine off of the battery. Problem is, wife has another bun in the oven and I kind of need a discount......so whaddya say buddy...?

Well I never.......hahaha ! You actually think I was serious Toad ? I know exactly what you pay for those kits......"packaged in an aluminum suitcase"........hahaha, if you consider cheap cardboard wrapped in aluminum foil.......hahaha ! Your "economy" kits are the exact same thing as your premium kits. I never hooked it up wrong.....your kits are overseas garbage plain and simple. They will not work with auto headlights and hid bulbs love being "flashed" when locking or unlocking your door.....cutting bulb life in half. I tried to be nice.....I gave you your due about decent customer service.....I wanted to patronize your business and let bygons be bygons, but no, you continue to be an imbecil. For every negative thing someone reads about HID's or specifically about your business......1 customer is turned away. I will do everything in my power to dissuade consumers from purchasing HID's either from you or someone else. I will subscribe to every car forum on the net and put a bad taste in people's mouths about your company and your shoddy products that will be just enough for you to lose a sale.......one, by one, by one. BTW, you know exactly what employee I am talking about and you know what you need to do about Toad. I have one more thing concerning your "Lifetime Warranty". Whenever someone tries to get reimbursed under the warranty, the blame is placed on the consumer for installing something incorrectly and then the warranty is deemed null and void by you Toad. Thank you and have a wonderful day !

Hay Todd, looks like our old friend BlazedUp has bought himself a "MADE in JAPAN."

Might be time for our over worked and under appreciated moderator to take a look?

Blazedup's posts were deleted so I can't check IPs, but the dates are suspcious.

Well I never.......hahaha ! You actually think I was serious Toad ? I know exactly what you pay for those kits......"packaged in an aluminum suitcase"........hahaha, if you consider cheap cardboard wrapped in aluminum foil.......hahaha ! Your "economy" kits are the exact same thing as your premium kits. I never hooked it up wrong.....your kits are overseas garbage plain and simple. They will not work with auto headlights and hid bulbs love being "flashed" when locking or unlocking your door.....cutting bulb life in half. I tried to be nice.....I gave you your due about decent customer service.....I wanted to patronize your business and let bygons be bygons, but no, you continue to be an imbecil. For every negative thing someone reads about HID's or specifically about your business......1 customer is turned away. I will do everything in my power to dissuade consumers from purchasing HID's either from you or someone else. I will subscribe to every car forum on the net and put a bad taste in people's mouths about your company and your shoddy products that will be just enough for you to lose a sale.......one, by one, by one. BTW, you know exactly what employee I am talking about and you know what you need to do about Toad. I have one more thing concerning your "Lifetime Warranty". Whenever someone tries to get reimbursed under the warranty, the blame is placed on the consumer for installing something incorrectly and then the warranty is deemed null and void by you Toad. Thank you and have a wonderful day !

Consider this your final warning. Whatever actually happened you've already made your point.