E-15

Platinum White

stats.gif

Last month, the EPA approved a bump to 15% ethanol in ordinary gasoline from the current 10% for vehicles from the 2007 model year and newer.

How will E-15% affect my 2009 Edge which is NOT a flex fuel vehicle?

I know that the MPG will decrease, but am concerned about the fuel system being degraded by the ethanol increase.

stats.gif

Last month, the EPA approved a bump to 15% ethanol in ordinary gasoline from the current 10% for vehicles from the 2007 model year and newer.

How will E-15% affect my 2009 Edge which is NOT a flex fuel vehicle?

I know that the MPG will decrease, but am concerned about the fuel system being degraded by the ethanol increase.

Theoretically it is safe for all vehicles - that's why they approved it. Some think it's borderline though. Bottom line is you probably don't have much choice.

• 2 weeks later...

here in brazil we use 25% ethanol in gasoline, so i think is safe use 15% in usa

It’s not just the damage OUR ethanol does to our fuel systems.

OUR CORN ethanol is not nearly as efficient as your sugar ethanol. Which =’s MORE pollution and less miles per gal :banghead: .

The only benefit our corn ethanol has is BIG $’s for the people who make it. And politicians :censored: !!!

Our corn farmers don’t even benefit, they sold their crops before they were even planted :hysterical: .

ab

• 3 weeks later...

The congress under the former administration forced the 15% issue upon us. The current administration was forced by that law to adopt an implementing regulation. This new regulation requires each station to have a seperate tank and pump and dispenser for 15%. I know of few if any stations that will invest the money to allow them to sell 15%. Is not politics interesting? :stats: