2011 Edge/MKX My Touch and Sync Problems

Rumor on the Ford Explorer facebook page from Rebecca at Ford says the new update will be out by August 12. There were no details on what the update will contain/fix/change...

The explorer page is more active then the edge page on facebook if you are going there for any information. Might finally be time for an update on my car. Maybe. I will let Wilson go first. :)

Whoo Hoo! I'll do it when I take mine in for Transmission TSB and slow BAMR!

She says this is version 2.11. That will be a .4 version step for me.

Edited by wilsons66604

Whoo Hoo! I'll do it when I take mine in for Transmission TSB and slow BAMR!

She says this is version 2.11. That will be a .4 version step for me.

and a 1.3 step for me. Might be worth taking it in. Finally fix my nightlight issue. Of course, now I am just in the habit of locking the car when I get out no matter where I am, that I forget about most of the time. Well, make sure you let us all know how it is.

Looks like 2.11 dropped yesterday.

From a posting on SyncMyRide Forums...

From Cartilage01

I now have Gen2 v2.11 and with a quick look I see no differences from version 2.8. I have a rather large list of bugs from the previous version and I will go through all of them and let you all know here how that goes in future posts. The two things I did test specifically was the bug a found with the GPS and that is still messed up,http://boards.synccommunity.com/n/pfx/forum.aspx?tsn=1&nav=messages&webtag=fordsyncmb&tid=3786, and the browse feature for the Sirius radio, http://boards.synccommunity.com/n/pfx/forum.aspx?tsn=1&nav=messages&webtag=fordsyncmb&tid=3783. Neither one is fixed but I will say the browse feature at least does not lock up anymore it just plan does not work. I would be great to know what the people at Ford think they fixed with this version. Maybe it will not reboot randomly on me like the previous versions but only time will tell on that one. I hope this is not their final attempt.

Here is another posting that lists the updates in 2.11

It looks like they addressed the Navigation issues when used heavily

Edited by wilsons66604

Timing worked out that my wife had my Edge in the shop today for them to work on some SYNC problems, so my car was also a recipient of 2.11 according to the web site. I will put it through it's paces tonight and tomorrow and report back how it seems.

Hi, the dealer replaced the APIM and V2.11 but they cannot get the NAV working, what kinds of info show on the wed site for your car ? mine just said Gen2-V2.11 BT4T-14D544-BM. I wonder did they forget to install some apps ?

Hi, the dealer replaced the APIM and V2.11 but they cannot get the NAV working, what kinds of info show on the wed site for your car ? mine just said Gen2-V2.11 BT4T-14D544-BM. I wonder did they forget to install some apps ?

I don't know for sure but from what I've learned from the forum is that the tech may failed to select the Nav option during the update.

Here is what mine says. My nav and backup camera are all working, I always make sure the wife checks those things before she leaves the dealership, although they have never disappeared after an update on my vehicle.

Sync VersionGen2 - V2.11

Confirmed installations

BT4T-14D546-AM

SYNC compatible software

BT4T-14D546-GA

SYNC compatible software

SYNC compatible software

SYNC compatible software

SYNC compatible software

SYNC compatible software

BT4T-14F603-AM

SYNC compatible software

Waiting to download 0 items.

Hope this helps!

Here is what mine says. My nav and backup camera are all working, I always make sure the wife checks those things before she leaves the dealership, although they have never disappeared after an update on my vehicle.

Sync VersionGen2 - V2.11

Confirmed installations

BT4T-14D546-AM

SYNC compatible software

BT4T-14D546-GA

SYNC compatible software

SYNC compatible software

SYNC compatible software

SYNC compatible software

SYNC compatible software

BT4T-14F603-AM

SYNC compatible software

Waiting to download 0 items.

Hope this helps!

Thanks viper, but anyone know what all those BT4T-xxxxxx-xx means ? Apps ? Which apps ?

Edited by Edge4Me

Update Update!!!

Hello fellow Edge Forum readers who have had trouble with Sync...today my car returned from the dealer and I was told this is the super latest update that "just came out". They could not give me a version number (they are not software people in the service departments of dealerships). I wanted to share my impressions just after one day of what I had been experiencing (I was running a version updated after the recall earlier in 2011).

Here is the list of problems I have had/hated the most and if they have been addressed:

#1: Before: Sluggish use of MANY functions in MFT within the first 2-3 minutes after car start. Previous symptoms consisted of no voice commands, seek button on steering did not work (buffered for response about one minute after press), etc.

After: :happy feet: AMAZING improvement here. I was able to use voice commands as soon as I wanted to (about 20-30 seconds after car start) and the seek button worked. I will test this more when I have a chance to try to use the nav system 30 seconds or so after startup (in the past...not possible)

#2: Before: Backup Camera would work in the first 20 seconds after start, but then not work for a couple of minutes (again back to the 2-3 minute after car start stuff).

After: :happy feet: The backup camera worked every time I tried it within the first few minutes of car start. Huge improvement here.

#3: Before: Real funky BlueTooth (BT) Audio with my iphone 4. Flakey, did not always connect. I often found the BT audio use seemed to destablize my whole MFT requiring a "Fuse 29" pull after a week of regular BT audio use. Often had to turn on/off BT on phone to get audio to work (phone always worked).

After: :wub: Solid BT Audio! After multiple car starts I was able to get BT audio to work quickly without issues. This is huge for me as I love BT audio for listening to podcasts as you can use the phone to control the stream and do 2x speed and such.

#4: Before: Generally slow screen response to normal use. I understand the screen tech is not as "instant" as an ipad or similar, but still screens seemed sluggish to refresh (i.e. after a "zoom" button press on nav system).

After: :worship: SNAPPY screens! The refresh of a nav screen after a zoom was notably faster. I was quite impressed. Overall getting a screen change result after a press (even just the home or menu button) seems faster and snappier.

Well that is must my first impression after driving this afternoon and tonight (and listeing to a bunch of BT audio!). Based on this alone I would encourage you to :shift: hit the dealer and make sure you have the latest update. I will post a reply after a whole week of use to see if my first impressions hold up.

Update Update!!!

Hello fellow Edge Forum readers who have had trouble with Sync...today my car returned from the dealer and I was told this is the super latest update that "just came out". They could not give me a version number (they are not software people in the service departments of dealerships). I wanted to share my impressions just after one day of what I had been experiencing (I was running a version updated after the recall earlier in 2011).

Here is the list of problems I have had/hated the most and if they have been addressed:

#1: Before: Sluggish use of MANY functions in MFT within the first 2-3 minutes after car start. Previous symptoms consisted of no voice commands, seek button on steering did not work (buffered for response about one minute after press), etc.

After: :happy feet: AMAZING improvement here. I was able to use voice commands as soon as I wanted to (about 20-30 seconds after car start) and the seek button worked. I will test this more when I have a chance to try to use the nav system 30 seconds or so after startup (in the past...not possible)

#2: Before: Backup Camera would work in the first 20 seconds after start, but then not work for a couple of minutes (again back to the 2-3 minute after car start stuff).

After: :happy feet: The backup camera worked every time I tried it within the first few minutes of car start. Huge improvement here.

#3: Before: Real funky BlueTooth (BT) Audio with my iphone 4. Flakey, did not always connect. I often found the BT audio use seemed to destablize my whole MFT requiring a "Fuse 29" pull after a week of regular BT audio use. Often had to turn on/off BT on phone to get audio to work (phone always worked).

After: :wub: Solid BT Audio! After multiple car starts I was able to get BT audio to work quickly without issues. This is huge for me as I love BT audio for listening to podcasts as you can use the phone to control the stream and do 2x speed and such.

#4: Before: Generally slow screen response to normal use. I understand the screen tech is not as "instant" as an ipad or similar, but still screens seemed sluggish to refresh (i.e. after a "zoom" button press on nav system).

After: :worship: SNAPPY screens! The refresh of a nav screen after a zoom was notably faster. I was quite impressed. Overall getting a screen change result after a press (even just the home or menu button) seems faster and snappier.

Well that is must my first impression after driving this afternoon and tonight (and listeing to a bunch of BT audio!). Based on this alone I would encourage you to :shift: hit the dealer and make sure you have the latest update. I will post a reply after a whole week of use to see if my first impressions hold up.

I also got the 2.11 update on Friday. Everything is great. The two main problems I had been having were with the phone disconnecting, Blackberry, which also locked up the system a few times, and the time it took for voice commands to work after starting the car, sometimes as long as 2 minutes. Now no phone problems and voice works basically immediately.

Also, I tried the operator assist with the services function. That works great, too. Got me the information immediately, and it's free!

The only real problem I've noted with my ver 2.4 is that it can get all confused when I'm trying to play music from the USB. There are other bugs that we deal with, but are pretty minor compared to what I've read from othrs. On other rare occasions it won't listen to me or will turn the radio on full blast, etc.

I haven't heard anyone mention the USB music issues or if 2.11 addresses them, so I just wondered what others had experienced with that. I have tried "sync my iTunes" to make sure my file formats are all good.

Also, I have read about there being a several minute "boot up" time with 2.8, so I never had that update done. The above post would seem as if that is no longer the case in 2.11. Am I making the right assumption there?

Thanks.

Is there any way to revert to Choff's version? What is it, 1.4 or something like that?

Or

I can wait until the fix is ready....and when is that ?

1.8 - and I had what I think was my 4th reboot in a year this morning. I managed to get my seat warmer and my music going before it started and they stayed on through it and continued once done. All and all - not a bad experience. I am very nervous about doing any upgrades though since it does work so well. My only problem continues to be the screen staying on if the passenger door is opened after the driver door is closed. Locking fixes it, so not that troublesome.

I am still waiting for you to get 2.11

1.8 - and I had what I think was my 4th reboot in a year this morning. I managed to get my seat warmer and my music going before it started and they stayed on through it and continued once done. All and all - not a bad experience. I am very nervous about doing any upgrades though since it does work so well. My only problem continues to be the screen staying on if the passenger door is opened after the driver door is closed. Locking fixes it, so not that troublesome.

I am still waiting for you to get 2.11

Ha! Seat heaters?? We are having temps down here that are only topped by the dust bowl era.

Still planning on upgrading ...just trying to find the time to be without my car for what will most likely be 2 days. 2 days because I need to get the transmission TSB performed and I think that would take at least a day.

The only real problem I've noted with my ver 2.4 is that it can get all confused when I'm trying to play music from the USB. There are other bugs that we deal with, but are pretty minor compared to what I've read from othrs. On other rare occasions it won't listen to me or will turn the radio on full blast, etc.

I haven't heard anyone mention the USB music issues or if 2.11 addresses them, so I just wondered what others had experienced with that. I have tried "sync my iTunes" to make sure my file formats are all good.

Also, I have read about there being a several minute "boot up" time with 2.8, so I never had that update done. The above post would seem as if that is no longer the case in 2.11. Am I making the right assumption there?

Thanks.

In a chat with Sync support, I asked if I should use Sync my iTunes and they said no. It is for Sync users and not My Ford Touch users. MFT deals with music differently

Ha! Seat heaters?? We are having temps down here that are only topped by the dust bowl era.

Still planning on upgrading ...just trying to find the time to be without my car for what will most likely be 2 days. 2 days because I need to get the transmission TSB performed and I think that would take at least a day.

It was 48 when I got in my car this morning. Had to defog my windows and toast the buns a bit. We might hit 60 today. Send some heat up this way.

In a chat with Sync support, I asked if I should use Sync my iTunes and they said no. It is for Sync users and not My Ford Touch users. MFT deals with music differently

Nice, it was the chat guy who told me to try it awhile back. :wacko:

In any case, does your system get laggy and glitchy when playing USB?

My other fave is when you try "what's playing" and she tells you that command is only available when playing from a USB... uh, yeah, I know... and I am!

Has anyone found that the automatic climate control is inconsistent? I will set it to 72 degrees one day and when I restart the car the temp may have to be raised or lowered. I think MFT is somehow screwing things up. I have had several cars with auto climate control, the last being my 2007 Edge SEL+. I didn't have any issues with any of them.

Very annoying and I would like to know if this is MFT related or a separate issue

Thanks

Nice, it was the chat guy who told me to try it awhile back. :wacko:

In any case, does your system get laggy and glitchy when playing USB?

My other fave is when you try "what's playing" and she tells you that command is only available when playing from a USB... uh, yeah, I know... and I am!

I'm on 2.7 now but I don't recall not being able to view what's playing. I don't use the GraceNote option. I have it all turned off and use my own art.

My OLD iPod has no issues with MyFordTouch...usually. I think I rebooted the iPod twice when I was on an early version of Touch.

Has anyone found that the automatic climate control is inconsistent? I will set it to 72 degrees one day and when I restart the car the temp may have to be raised or lowered. I think MFT is somehow screwing things up. I have had several cars with auto climate control, the last being my 2007 Edge SEL+. I didn't have any issues with any of them.

Very annoying and I would like to know if this is MFT related or a separate issue

Thanks

I just finished a post where I raved about the climate in Edge. The only downfall was the MFT interface.

Do you have MyTemp set? Is it defaulting to that setting?

While I never noticed the set temp changing, there have been a few times where I felt the HVAC needed a 5hr energy drink. After increasing fan speed then setting back to auto, it woke up and blew cold.

I just finished a post where I raved about the climate in Edge. The only downfall was the MFT interface.

While I never noticed the set temp changing, there have been a few times where I felt the HVAC needed a 5hr energy drink. After increasing fan speed then setting back to auto, it woke up and blew cold.

The My Temp is set to 70 but at times I get in the car and after starting it goes to 60. Other times I need to set it to 76 degrees and it still feels too cold. Something is off, either me or the MFT (if MFT is responsible for the climate control)

Ok, I'm glad someone else has noticed this as well. Most times I get in my car the A/C kicks on and blows like crazy (temps here have been in the 90's for much of the summer and I leave my car closed up so it's really hot). But occasionally I will get it and it is barely blowing even though the cabin is probably +100 degrees. I also have to fiddle with increasing the fan and then it seems better. I have noticed that for whatever reason it seems to happen more often when I have a car full of people getting in but I have no idea what that would have to do with anything. It's probably coincidental...

Just had the 2.11 update installed yesterday. Things seem faster so far and overall working well. This morning I found I still have the case of the missing or invisible station presets. The box is just blank or sometimes it will be red without the wording. However if you click on it the station still comes on. Another thing that hasn't been addressed is the "ICE" input information for the phones 911 call to info. Most of the phonebook remains unavailable. Maybe just an iPhone thing?