Interior light question

Last night I had occasion to change the mirror setting and (what??) the switch is not illuminated. As our new (6 days old to us) 2011 Edge Limited has ambient lighting, just about everything else is lit up but not the aforementioned switch.

Question: Is the mirror control switch supposed to be illuminated?

Are you talking about the round switch for adjusting the side mirrors? There is an LED light at the door handle but that is it for the MKX. It's a simple switch to use, I don't think it really needs to be lit to use it?

Are you talking about the round switch for adjusting the side mirrors? There is an LED light at the door handle but that is it for the MKX. It's a simple switch to use, I don't think it really needs to be lit to use it?

Yes that't the switch. I realize it really isn't needed (the door lock button is illuminated and the door switch has the ambient light), but I am wondering if it should be illuminated and the light is not functioning.

Sometimes things are simply not inlcuded or are not installed for whatever reason. For example, the vent louver controls in my '03 Passat were illuminated whereas they were not in '04 and '05 and many owners wondered why the change. No explanation was given ??!!??

Edited by phlatlander

Mine is not either. I don't think it's supposed to be. Doesn't the ambient lighting rock? My little girls like to call out colours and I change it while we're driving...we call it the "colours game", LOL.

Mine has been on green since my 4 year old realized that was an option. I keep hoping she will out grow her color obsession, but at least she isn't in love with pink. She loves the lights.

I have gotten used to how bright it is inside the car while driving in the dark that when I recently drove our f150 I kept trying to turn up the dash lights, it seemed to dark in there.

Last night I had occasion to change the mirror setting and (what??) the switch is not illuminated. As our new (6 days old to us) 2011 Edge Limited has ambient lighting, just about everything else is lit up but not the aforementioned switch.

Question: Is the mirror control switch supposed to be illuminated?

p - not illuminated...would be nice but no luck. Power fold mirrors and integrated turnsignals (like on my '09 F150) would be nice to have as well. :yup:

Edited by HotLap

Mine has been on green since my 4 year old realized that was an option. I keep hoping she will out grow her color obsession, but at least she isn't in love with pink. She loves the lights.

I have gotten used to how bright it is inside the car while driving in the dark that when I recently drove our f150 I kept trying to turn up the dash lights, it seemed to dark in there.

Carrie, I'm sure you already know this, but in the submenu where you change the ambient light colour, there is a slider bar on top where you can change the brightness as well.

Edited by richy