Ford My Touch

ziggy86

Is this the first year Ford is using this system? I am looking to buy the edge but I must admit that the My Touch feature is scaring me. It seems very complex (not to use) and I am concerned I will be brining it to the shop for repair if not now certainly later on down the road.

I really love the car and this system seems very interesting to me but scary at the same time.

For those of you with My Touch what are your impressions and are all the features Ford is showing in commercials actually working now?

Edited by ziggy86

I don't know about others, but I've had mine since the beginning of Nov. 2010. I had one issue with screen freezing one evening, but system reset on its own after I reached my destination. I'm not a technical person so I don't use the USB, or bluetooth music from another device, and I don't care whether or not a persons picture appears when I receive a call over the vehicles bluetooth. I bought it for the looks, drive and quality of finish...as well as for the price and have not been disappointed at all. Be confident that the tech issues will ultimately be resolved.

Edited by Shaky

I don't know about others, but I've had mine since the beginning of Nov. 2010. I had one issue with screen freezing one evening, but system reset on its own after I reached my destination. I'm not a technical person so I don't use the USB, or bluetooth music from another device, and I don't care whether or not a persons picture appears when I receive a call over the vehicles bluetooth. I bought it for the looks, drive and quality of finish...as well as for the price and have not been disappointed at all. Be confident that the tech issues will ultimately be resolved.

I will most likely not use USB, or pictures either.

Is this the first year they are using My Touch?

I will most likely not use USB, or pictures either.

Is this the first year they are using My Touch?

As Waldo pointed out My Touch is brand new and exclusive to the Edge, MKX and Explorer right now. The good news is that the software can and will be upgraded periodically as Ford finds and fixes all the bugs. There are a lot of bugs but most appear to be minor and don't affect everyone. There are a lot of folks with NO issues at all and the latest software seems to have fixed the major problems.

Expect to have a few issues but also expect them to be fixed with software updates. I wouldn't hesitate to get it if I was buying a new vehicle that offered it.

Expect to have a few issues but also expect them to be fixed with software updates. I wouldn't hesitate to get it if I was buying a new vehicle that offered it.

I've had a few very very minor issues with MyTouch, and my iphone won't do all the things it shows on the ads... but I knew that going in. (no contact photos, no text-to-voice to name a few)

That said. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this car, and MyTouch. I would buy this car again in a heartbeat tomorrow. Got the Edge Limited with Nav, BLIS & Drivers entry. Couldn't be happier.

• 4 weeks later...