Ford Instructions from a Dealer

Still trying to find someone at the dealership that knows the new SYNC and NAV protocol, and is available to teach it to a customer who just bought a 2011 Edge.:banghead: , and can help with operating 2011 Edge features.

They insist that "it doesn't take a rocket scientist", and they are correct! I AM a rocket scientist (really), and don't understand what they are trying to say in the manual. :violin: That Navigator Map is a PITA. :wacko:

I think I have every option they offer, but still need a GOOD cargo shield, and (perhaps) a running board for my 102 year old mother. I returned the "POS":fan: they sold me as a cover, and tried to get the "window shade roll-up" that they stopped selling, or won't fit the Edge.

Tired of "Chasing the Dog"! :soapbox:

Anyone know ho to get help for a cash purchaser? I am about to call the Agency(s) owner! :rant:

Edited by Tiger_Steve

Still trying to find someone at the dealership that knows the new SYNC and NAV protocol, and is available to teach it to a customer who just bought a 2011 Edge. banghead.gif , and can help with operating 2011 Edge features.

They insist that "it doesn't take a rocket scientist", and they are correct! I AM a rocket scientist (really), and don't understand what they are trying to say in the manual. violin.gif That Navigator Map is a PITA. wacko.gif

I think I have every option they offer, but still need a GOOD cargo sheild, and (perhaps) a running board for my 102 year old mother. I returned the POS they sold me as a cover, and tried to get the "window shade roll-up" that they stopped selling, or won't fit the Edge.

Tired of "chasing the Dog"! fan.gifsoapbox.gif

Anyone know ho to get help for a cash purchaser? I am about to call the Agency(s) owner! rant.gif

The funniest part of this post is that you actually edited it! WTF

The funniest part of this post is that you actually edited it! WTF

Now THAT is really helpful, maybe I should ask Dorothy for help in Kansas!

So what is so unusual that one would edit a post if the trial version needed little editing?

:poke:

Tiger_Steve

Edited by Tiger_Steve

Now THAT is really helpful, maybe I should ask Dorothy for help in Kansas!

So what is so unusual that one would edit a post if the trial version needed little editing?

poke.gif

Tiger_Steve

Sorry,

but it made no sense.

I've had brain farts in the past but ....jeez you lost me!

Step back and read your post again.

You may also consider not trying to use local emoticons...unless you give everyone access to your hard drive.

Edited by wilsons66604

Welcome to the forums. Is there a specific question that you have regarding your Nav or MFT system? Its always easier to use the search function to see if someone has asked your question before.

The great thing about the forums is that most of us have come across similar problems before and probably have the quick answer. This wont substitute what a trained SYNC sales person could teach you in a 20 minute lesson, but you can probably get as much out of sitting in your car and playing with the system yourself with your owners manual nearby.

Welcome to the forums. Is there a specific question that you have regarding your Nav or MFT system? Its always easier to use the search function to see if someone has asked your question before.

The great thing about the forums is that most of us have come across similar problems before and probably have the quick answer. This wont substitute what a trained SYNC sales person could teach you in a 20 minute lesson, but you can probably get as much out of sitting in your car and playing with the system yourself with your owners manual nearby.

EdgieGuy,

Thank you for trying to be helpful. So many replies, to my request for knowledgeable help, treated it as a joke.

I did try searching the site, with no luck!

Unfortunately, there is no one at the dearlership that has, or even claims to have, any knowledge about the new 2011 system. (which I think actually has some recall about it.)

AND, I apologize if the site's "Emoticons" did not appear as pictures in the post. Maybe something is wrong.

And to the worry warts, Your space program is not in jeopardy. I have been doing this for over 56 years. Must be doing something right!

Tiger_Steve