Waiting (im)patiently

4havnfun

Hi all,

New to the forum but not to Fords. I'm finding this and the other blue oval forums a wealth of information as I wait for the Edge to get built.

We went with the red candy/light stone and almost all the toys. I skipped the vista roof because their wasn't enough headroom for me and also passed on 20" rims & backlit door sills. Apart from that it is loaded!

Welcome to the (not so) patient waiters. I've been waiting for a month without a peep from the dealership. Out of curiosity, was the metallic red subject to an extra charge?

A MONTH........???

I'm on my twelve but have been informed its a week away. The more options the longer the waiit I'm told.

Looking forward to the day.

:shift:

Welcome to the (not so) patient waiters. I've been waiting for a month without a peep from the dealership. Out of curiosity, was the metallic red subject to an extra charge?

The red candy metallic was an extra $300 but in the grand scheme of things it added less than 1% to the overall cost.

I also ordered a Limited AWD on Dec. 31st :yup:

(I hope the 2010 date helps with getting it built soon in some sort of end of year cleanup order)

This started out with my lease ending soon on my Civic (that didn't even have cruse control) all the way to the Edge.

Congrats! With any luck, the dealership will turn the vehicle around quickly so you can start enjoying the AWD. I was going to get the Tuxedo until I saw the Earth color in person (the website does not do it any justice). I too will be rockin the 18s. I liked their style better then the 20s, probably because going to a 20 would have been to big of a jump from the current 15s LOL.

Dumpy, that was the hard part we were not sure what the Earth color would actually end up like. It was #2 on our list for that reason. Good choice of color though!

With the snow in Edmonton and Calgary the AWD is definately a must for the winter. I have a 4WD Escape right now and it is doing its job well.

Edited by cgoodale

I finally have my vin and build date of February 8th with delivery around the 28th.

This is great because I have to return my Civic on March 1st. :rockon:

The countdown is on. Hopefully my vin will work on the window sticker site next week and make it even more of a reality!

Ordered my 2011 Ford Edge Sport in mid November with a Jan 24 estimated delivery. Not here yet!

Got my VIN a while back, but salesman not being responsive on getting me an update on when (new estimate) on delivery date. Any help?

I tried the labels lookup but get "server not responding" error message.

Got the sticker, but the only dates showing are today?

Edited by EdgyGuy

Ordered my 2011 Ford Edge Sport in mid November with a Jan 24 estimated delivery. Not here yet!

Got my VIN a while back, but salesman not being responsive on getting me an update on when (new estimate) on delivery date. Any help?

I have heard that the sticker is generally only available about 1 week before actual production. there are 2 dates on the sticker, just above the one that always reads "today's" date is another one which is the "actual" date the sticker was produced. I would guess that your Edge will at least be in production by this time next week.

You can also apparently track the progress by registering your VIN on syncmyride to see when sync is loaded. They load the latest version of sync on the b=vehicle as it rolls down the line.

and yes, salesmen can lose interest once they have the deal.

It seems all salesmen are different. Mine I have called every 5 to 6 days to check. I have even stopped in at the dealership and he brings the shipment up on the computer and shows me the dates.

My Sync is up and running!!! These are the latest updates coming fresh off the line, as reported on syncmyride:

Sync Version Gen2 - V2.4

Confirmed installations

BT4T-14D546-AG

BT4T-14F496-AK

BT4T-14F497-AG

SYNC compatible software (BT4T-14F500-AE <-Depending on how the syncmyride site is navigated, name is added)

BT4T-14F603-AG

Waiting to download 0 items.

SYNC Download & Installation History for this vehicle Back (Seemed to be installed twice)

BT4T-14D544-BE Gen2 - V2.4 SYNC GEN 2 IMAGE CI 2/8/2011

BT4T-14D544-BE Gen2 - V2.4 SYNC GEN 2 IMAGE CI 2/8/2011

Now to continue waiting (im)patiently...

Edited by Dumpy