Keypad Lesson

When I can't wash it myself and it needs washing badly, I take BluEdge to a local handwash. Been taking my cars there for years - they do a great job. First come, first serve. Line up for exterior and/or interior wash.

I got there yesterday morning and pulled in behind a brand new 2011 Explorer. First one I've seen on the road. Still had a dealer tag. I go inside to wait. Soon, one of the detail guys tells the auto spa owner that they had inadvertantly locked the Explorer while washing it. (Remember, press 7/8 + 9/0 simutaneously?) The owner was informed; he went to the car, but it was obvious he didn't either 1) know the factory default code or 2) set his own code. His key was inside (not sure if it was Intelligent or not). So, there's BluEdge behind the dead Explorer unable to move up to get washed and plenty of cars now behind it. :banghead:

The carwash owner takes off with the Explorer owner to get a second key. Meanwhile, one-by-one starting with mine, cars were shuffled in front of the Explorer so they can get washed without too much holdup. I left before the guys got back.

I was gonna ask the guy why doesn't he call Ford support (not sure if he would've gotten a response on Saturday, anyway). The dealer was a couple miles up the street (I could tell by the tag). Wonder if they would've told him the factory default.

So, let this be a lesson to ya! Set - and remember - your code! :redcard:

edit: Isn't Ford supposed to implement unlocking thru Sync support at some point? Like OnStar? Not sure how this Explorer was equipped, but sure would've made things easier.

Edited by revOevoM

When I can't wash it myself and it needs washing badly, I take BluEdge to a local handwash. Been taking my cars there for years - they do a great job. First come, first serve. Line up for exterior and/or interior wash.

I got there yesterday morning and pulled in behind a brand new 2011 Explorer. First one I've seen on the road. Still had a dealer tag. I go inside to wait. Soon, one of the detail guys tells the auto spa owner that they had inadvertantly locked the Explorer while washing it. (Remember, press 7/8 + 9/0 simutaneously?) The owner was informed; he went to the car, but it was obvious he didn't either 1) know the factory default code or 2) set his own code. His key was inside (not sure if it was Intelligent or not). So, there's BluEdge behind the dead Explorer unable to move up to get washed and plenty of cars now behind it. :banghead:

The carwash owner takes off with the Explorer owner to get a second key. Meanwhile, one-by-one starting with mine, cars were shuffled in front of the Explorer so they can get washed without too much holdup. I left before the guys got back.

I was gonna ask the guy why doesn't he call Ford support (not sure if he would've gotten a response on Saturday, anyway). The dealer was a couple miles up the street (I could tell by the tag). Wonder if they would've told him the factory default.

So, let this be a lesson to ya! Set - and remember - your code! :redcard:

edit: Isn't Ford supposed to implement unlocking thru Sync support at some point? Like OnStar? Not sure how this Explorer was equipped, but sure would've made things easier.