ipod interface

• 3 months later...
looking for an ipod interface for navigation system on an 07 edge. so i can use the ipod menu on my navi. any help is appreciated. thanks

Brandmotion www.brandmotion.com introduced an iPod direct connect adapter for the navigation system in September. It is compatible with the Edge / MKX & can be used with SIRIUS satellite receiver too.

Ahhhhh......the car is equipped with a satellite antenna, if you got the Sirius radio....this antenna is that squarish black thing that sits on top of the rear dust deflector above the rear window....right above the CHMSL (pronounced "chimsel")

I have yet to see any of the geeks actually put a satellite on their car...I guess it's only a matter of time, though.

Edited by CobraJet428

Ahhhhh......the car is equipped with a satellite antenna, if you got the Sirius radio....this antenna is that squarish black thing that sits on top of the rear dust deflector above the rear window....right above the CHMSL (pronounced "chimsel")

I have yet to see any of the geeks actually put a satellite on their car...I guess it's only a matter of time, though.

I guess I left out a very important word :banghead:

Does anyone know if this is complicated to install.

I'm a piano geek, not an install geek.

• 2 weeks later...
I guess I left out a very important word :banghead:

Does anyone know if this is complicated to install.

I'm a piano geek, not an install geek.

Install instructions for the brandmotion unit here....this shows the 6 cd radio but the install is the same for a Nav radio and your sirius unit is in the back near the spare tire.

The Nav radio Ipod control interface guide is attached below or available from brandmotion, just drop them an email. Also if you are a member of Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forum you can get a discount code for 15% off....join that forum and take a look.

iPod_Adapter_for_Navigation.pdf

• 1 month later...
Install instructions for the brandmotion unit here....this shows the 6 cd radio but the install is the same for a Nav radio and your sirius unit is in the back near the spare tire.

The Nav radio Ipod control interface guide is attached below or available from brandmotion, just drop them an email. Also if you are a member of Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forum you can get a discount code for 15% off....join that forum and take a look.

I ordered my brandmotion adapter on friday from icarkits, I will post pics of the I get the part installed.

• 2 weeks later...