my sport edge is on ship hold

ss623

I'm new to this forum and I look forward to sharing information.

I have a sport edge that has been on order since October 17th and was built the week of Jan. 10th. i called Ford customer care on Friday and they told me it is on ship hold. The person I was speaking with told me she has to elavate my case to someone higher to update me on what is going on. My dealer's rep is telling him the truck was shipped to another plant to put wheels on it. Somebody is to call me by the end of the day Tuesday. Anybody else order a sport and wait this long? Also does anyone know why it would be on ship hold? I'm wondering if it was damaged or waiting on a part. I'm not pleased with the responses I've been getting. Any ideas for anybody would be appreciated.

I'm new to this forum and I look forward to sharing information.

I have a sport edge that has been on order since October 17th and was built the week of Jan. 10th. i called Ford customer care on Friday and they told me it is on ship hold. The person I was speaking with told me she has to elavate my case to someone higher to update me on what is going on. My dealer's rep is telling him the truck was shipped to another plant to put wheels on it. Somebody is to call me by the end of the day Tuesday. Anybody else order a sport and wait this long? Also does anyone know why it would be on ship hold? I'm wondering if it was damaged or waiting on a part. I'm not pleased with the responses I've been getting. Any ideas for anybody would be appreciated.

Well i got a call yesterday from someone at Ford and they said they needed a business analyst to review my case. She said she would get back to me by end of today.

I had to call ford today and have this person tracked down. She proceeded to tell me my Sport Edge is on ship stoppage along with several others!!!! She told me that she can't tell me why or when they are going to release it to ship. That is total BS somebody has to know why these are on shipment stoppage!!! I'm getting close to 4 months now on waiting to get this car. It is amazing to me the run around I'm getting. I'm seriously considering walking away from this whole thing!!!!

I wish anyone else who has one of these on order the best of luck!!!

Well i got a call yesterday from someone at Ford and they said they needed a business analyst to review my case. She said she would get back to me by end of today.

I had to call ford today and have this person tracked down. She proceeded to tell me my Sport Edge is on ship stoppage along with several others!!!! She told me that she can't tell me why or when they are going to release it to ship. That is total BS somebody has to know why these are on shipment stoppage!!! I'm getting close to 4 months now on waiting to get this car. It is amazing to me the run around I'm getting. I'm seriously considering walking away from this whole thing!!!!

I wish anyone else who has one of these on order the best of luck!!!

I feel for you, but I can honestly say it's probably worth the wait!! <3 my Sport!

It's unfortunate that you're in such a frustrating situation, but this kind of thing happens all the time. Suppliers ship a batch of bad parts, parts are missing or defects are found in the process that need to be fixed. Of course someone in Ford knows exactly what is holding your car, but it's not the kind of information Ford wants out in the public. Would you really want to know your car is on hold because some forklift driver ran into the fender? Would you want to know that the seatbelt suppliers produced a batch of bad belt material? Would the suppliers want you to know that they couldn't keep up with production, what would that do to their reputation?

Just be assured that Ford has your best interests in mind. They are holding your vehicle to be sure that when it's delivered it will be of the best quality possible. They would rather make you wait then deliver to you something that you'll just have to bring back to the dealer later.