Vehicle in transport mode?

ncford

I got my 2011 Edge 4 weeks ago and today I had the message "Vehicle in Transport Mode' on the cluster message center. I can't get past that message to the normal screen with radio stations, temperature etc...

Anybody know how to exit this?

thanks

Unfortunately you can't. You will have to take it back to the dealer to unlock the whole SYNC system.

I received the same message when I got my Edge and the dealer forgot to do a Pre-Delivery Inspection on it.

I am curious to find out how it revert back to Pre-delivery state.

Transport mode will end after 50 miles. If it's come back then something is really messed up.

Also this was the procedure to turn it off on some of the older Ford's, not sure if it will still work on the 2011 Edge:

Turn ignition to Run

Press brake pedal 5 times

Press Hazard switch 4 times

Turn ignition to Off

Edited by Waldo

Transport mode will end after 50 miles. If it's come back then something is really messed up.

Also this was the procedure to turn it off on some of the older Ford's, not sure if it will still work on the 2011 Edge:

Turn ignition to Run

Press brake pedal 5 times

Press Hazard switch 4 times

Turn ignition to Off

Thanks. I actually tried this a few times, but didn't work.

I also read that it comes off after 75 miles, so I may just wait and see if it disappears. If not, I'll go to the dealer.

Thanks. I actually tried this a few times, but didn't work.

I also read that it comes off after 75 miles, so I may just wait and see if it disappears. If not, I'll go to the dealer.

The above sequence is correct, but you have to do it pretty fast, I think its like turning the hazards on and off twice within 10-15 sec after you press the brake.

• 2 months later...

I tried this sequence today and it worked. The truth is that pressing the Hazard switch 4 times is very difficult in the allowed time in order for it to work properly. I tried about 15 time until it finally worked. A sign that it worked is that the horn will honk automatically once when you press the hazard for the third time and once more when you turn the ignition switch to off.

Thanks again!

• 4 weeks later...

I tried this sequence today and it worked. The truth is that pressing the Hazard switch 4 times is very difficult in the allowed time in order for it to work properly. I tried about 15 time until it finally worked. A sign that it worked is that the horn will honk automatically once when you press the hazard for the third time and once more when you turn the ignition switch to off.

Thanks again!

Ok, I am a Ford Vehicle sales counselor, and I admit, due to the fact that I just started selling, had no idea how to remove that notification. After reading this forum, and through trial-error I figured out the sequence. In order to remove this notification, you must turn the key to run, apply the brakes 5 times, and hit the hazard button six times. The speed at which you do so is un important. I hit the hazard about once every half second or so. Once you hit the hazard the sixth time, the horn will sound once. After you turn the key off, the horn sounds twice. Turn the vehicle back on, and it should be cleared. Thank you for reading.

• 5 months later...

Our Edge went into this mode this morning. Plus none of the touch buttons on the center cluster work. As a result, the "fix" of tapping the brake 5 times and the hazard warning 4 or 6 times won't work. The capacitive touch hazard button doesn't work, nor do the radio or temperature controls.

Everything works from the steering wheel cluster, however.

Ford just got badly dinged from Consumer Reports for issues with its Sync system. We've been pretty happy with it until now, but I can see how issues like this drive customers nuts! Relying upon Microsoft for a vehicle operating system appears to have been a mistake!

Our Edge went into this mode this morning. Plus none of the touch buttons on the center cluster work. As a result, the "fix" of tapping the brake 5 times and the hazard warning 4 or 6 times won't work. The capacitive touch hazard button doesn't work, nor do the radio or temperature controls.

Everything works from the steering wheel cluster, however.

Ford just got badly dinged from Consumer Reports for issues with its Sync system. We've been pretty happy with it until now, but I can see how issues like this drive customers nuts! Relying upon Microsoft for a vehicle operating system appears to have been a mistake!

For the 700th time - it's not microsoft, it's the application code!

• 4 weeks later...

I have had a myriad of problems with My Ford Touch. The dealer knows my vechicle very well. I have 22,000 miles on the vehicle and today it went into transport mode. I tried the "fix". I got two beeps then it said I need to Train the front left tire. I'm a technology person and the Edge is not making me very happy. I have an appointment with the dealer on Black Friday. Makes me wonder if I should have bought the Audi Q5. I really like my Edge, but this is getting old.