Factory code for keyless entry

you cant contact for yourself and give them that info

No.

My previous car was a used Windstar and the previous owner did not have the access code so it cost me $35 to have the dearler provide it.

Check inside your manual, that's where mine was. When you do get the code the first thing to do is add your own so it will be easy to remember. The manual tells you how to do this.

:redcard:

Don't go to the dealer to get the code and pay any money. My sister in law bought a used Fird fie hundred last year, did not have keyless entry code, the dealer wanted $99 to get the code for her, this was Loman Ford in Woodbridge, NJ. Our Lincoln dealership ( Maplecrest, Union NJ :hyper: ) did it for free, but I googled How to get Keyless code for Ford 500, and it said it was under fuse box under the dashboard.

Joe

Edited by JOEHIO

:redcard:

Don't go to the dealer to get the code and pay any money. My sister in law bought a used Fird fie hundred last year, did not have keyless entry code, the dealer wanted $99 to get the code for her, this was Loman Ford in Woodbridge, NJ. Our Lincoln dealership ( Maplecrest, Union NJ :hyper: ) did it for free, but I googled How to get Keyless code for Ford 500, and it said it was under fuse box under the dashboard.

Joe

It should be printed somewhere in the vehicle but I don't remember exactly where on the Edge.

• 2 weeks later...

Remove the trim panel for the fuse box and look way in there and you will see a white sticker with a series of five numbers. Thats your code.

This is right, I Just found mine in the lil fuse box down by the floor on the drivers side. It was clear as day to see and I didn't have to take it to the dealer and pay $60!! Such a rip off! I wish they would tell people that...I even called Ford and they said to take it to a dealer and the dealer said they would have to hook it up to the computer module. Crazy, greedy people! I love my edge so far!

• 2 months later...

This is right, I Just found mine in the lil fuse box down by the floor on the drivers side. It was clear as day to see and I didn't have to take it to the dealer and pay $60!! Such a rip off! I wish they would tell people that...I even called Ford and they said to take it to a dealer and the dealer said they would have to hook it up to the computer module. Crazy, greedy people! I love my edge so far!

Some dealers are real nice, and will do it for no charge, as I stated in a earlier post (above), and then again, some dealers are just real Richard Craniums !

• 2 months later...