Vent Shades for windows

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Thread back from the grave for an update...........

They are available at a lot of aftermarket places on the net. I got mine from svcustoms.com They have them in both light and dark smoke and for 2 or 4 doors. A word of caution about in-channel vents shades from Lund is that they do not bevel the part that goes inside the channel. After installing mine I went to close the window and the window hit the vent shade part in the channel and I found out my new 08 Ford Edge has a safety feature to prevent smashed fingers in power windows because the window hit the plastic from the vent shade and immediately reversed direction.

I am returning them and getting the exterior mounted ones. I like the fit and finish of the in channel, but I am not about to put up with having to open the door and pull the vent shade outwards so the window can pass by for the rest of the time I own it.

If you really must have the in channel, be aware of this problem before hand. You might get by with beveling the leading edge where the window would contact it, then again you might not.

I just wish manufactures of autos would install these things at the factory now that they eliminated gutters on cars. Then they mount the window controls right where the water runs into them on the arm rest. It's time to stop stupidity in my opinion.....

Edited by TN-EdgeSEL