AWD Limited Stock is.... Limited?

Am I crazy for wanting a Limited with AWD and 301A in So Cal?

It seems that the dealers are full of FWDs in So Cal right now.. What gives? Do I need to order one?

If you travel off-road, or on snow-covered roads, you may need it.

Can't see any other purpose. The mileage gets worse through the additional friction load of another drive train, and the tire road noise (with accompanying tires) might annoy you. :shift:

Tiger

If you travel off-road, or on snow-covered roads, you may need it.

Can't see any other purpose. The mileage gets worse through the additional friction load of another drive train, and the tire road noise (with accompanying tires) might annoy you. :shift:

Tiger

Order a AWD now and you may have to wait for a 2012. I posted an entry per a Ford notice I found on a fleet leasing site. My 2011 AWD is pretty quite and decent on fuel.

Edited by blankster

Thanks for the replies.

I've done some more homework and am leaning away from AWD now. I understand that this AWD system will not provide the same type of AWD that I'm expecting out of something like a Subaru. And that the increased cost of gas and tires etc is not worth it in my current needs. If I find after lease-end that I cannot live without the system, I will trade-in instead of buying-out.

I've finally decided on 2011 Edge Limited FWD Black on Black with 301A leased on x-plan most likely from Galpin Motors.

If you dont mind me asking what are your monthly payemts on the Limitied including taxes. Just trying to see how the lease numbers I received on an SEL compare.

Thanks

I'm actually contemplating the SEL now as well.

In California, there is a package on certain SEL window stickers that says

CA Edge Vista & Lthr Pwr - 1125.00

Total Savings - 1495.00 (I presume this includes a Rapid Spec discount of $370.00)

...not on the Limited.

This drops the MSRP of a near full load SEL with TOW, Vision, Chrome Clad 18s, Voice NAV down to just under $37k.

Which is ~4-5k less than a Limited with similar stuff (except the Limited I am looking at has Driver Entry [Which I think I would like, but contemplating living without due to the savings] and HD Audio?)

Here's an example sticker: Edge with CA Edge Vista Lhtr & PW discount

Hmmmm,, Just picked up my Limited FWD, Red Candy Metalic, Tow Package, Vision Package, Entry Package, and Navigation, Window sticker $38,110. $895 of the difference is the Entry Package which is way kwel and was the only way to get the power liftgate.

When I priced it out the difference in equipment between the SEL and Limited more than covered the difference in cost

Hmmmm,, Just picked up my Limited FWD, Red Candy Metalic, Tow Package, Vision Package, Entry Package, and Navigation, Window sticker $38,110. $895 of the difference is the Entry Package which is way kwel and was the only way to get the power liftgate.

When I priced it out the difference in equipment between the SEL and Limited more than covered the difference in cost

That sounds awfully close to the configuration I want, except I want the Vista Roof which tacks on ~$1600 MSRP.

in my book:

Pros for the Limited with 301A

Driver Entry Package (I really would "like" the push start and remote start and power liftgate)

Body Color Handles (Don't care for the chrome handles as much)

Premium Audio (I want the HD sound, not sure if I want the capacitive buttons on the Sony unit)

HIDs available on 301A

**not sure if the Tow package is available on the CA Edge Vista Lthr cars?

Pros for the SEL with 202A:

CA Edge Vista and Leather discount of $1125.00 on sticker

Real tactile buttons on the Stereo HU

The discount on the sticker would allow me to add DVD headrests for about the same price.

Both have Leather, Vista, Ambient, Vision etc.

-------------------------------------------------

I'm going to have to see both vehicles side-by-side with x-plan invoices laid out in front of me to make this decision. Anyone have other points I should be considering in the decision?