Dual Climate question

rwolson

I set my cabin temp to 72 for the winter leaving the climate controls in Auto and Dual mode. I encountered a minor issue from day 1, but thinking I didn't set cabin temp correctly.

Generally, I'll see temps on MFT set at 72 Auto 72. The problem, the car decides when to blast cabin temp to HIGH. You'll hear a beeping sound and watch the temps climb to max. I turn the temp down and the car fights back by turning up the temp. Now, no big issue in the winter because the extra heat helps keep the windows clear, but no the temps decided to high 70 today an issue when the car hits you with hot air.

Do I need to set anything other than cabin temps to maintain a constant temp? I'm considering pulling fuse 29 for my first time. Any sensors opennings to clean. I ask my Volvo had a sensor vent you could vaccuum and remove cabin dust.

I'm not relshiing the thought of pulling a fuse because my eyes are getting older, glasses get in the way.. You know the story, smalll fonts annoy you, blah, blah, blah.

Thanks,

Rich

I set my cabin temp to 72 for the winter leaving the climate controls in Auto and Dual mode. I encountered a minor issue from day 1, but thinking I didn't set cabin temp correctly.

Generally, I'll see temps on MFT set at 72 Auto 72. The problem, the car decides when to blast cabin temp to HIGH. You'll hear a beeping sound and watch the temps climb to max. I turn the temp down and the car fights back by turning up the temp. Now, no big issue in the winter because the extra heat helps keep the windows clear, but no the temps decided to high 70 today an issue when the car hits you with hot air.

Do I need to set anything other than cabin temps to maintain a constant temp? I'm considering pulling fuse 29 for my first time. Any sensors opennings to clean. I ask my Volvo had a sensor vent you could vaccuum and remove cabin dust.

I'm not relshiing the thought of pulling a fuse because my eyes are getting older, glasses get in the way.. You know the story, smalll fonts annoy you, blah, blah, blah.

Thanks,

Rich

If the set temp starts rising on its own without you changing it then that's a defect either in the unit itself or possibly with the clock spring in the steering wheel or the switch itself.

Just a thought, what is your MyTemp set to? Below is the MyTemp section of the owners manual.

MyTemp: Touch and hold to save the desired temperature for MyTemp. To access this setting again, simply touch the indicator.

The MyTemp feature can be used to store and recall a preset driver’s temperature. This feature is provided so this temperature

can be quickly adjusted to a frequently used setting with a single button touch. To save a new preset temperature for the active

user, manually adjust the driver’s temperature to the desired value then touch and hold the MyTemp button for at least two seconds.

Any subsequent touch of the MyTemp button will automatically change to this set temperature for this user.

The preset temperature can be saved for each user via a personal computer and transferred to the vehicle via a USB device. Refer to

Creating a user profile in the Entertainment Systems chapter for more information.

Just a thought, what is your MyTemp set to? Below is the MyTemp section of the owners manual.

MyTemp: Touch and hold to save the desired temperature for MyTemp. To access this setting again, simply touch the indicator.

The MyTemp feature can be used to store and recall a preset driver’s temperature. This feature is provided so this temperature

can be quickly adjusted to a frequently used setting with a single button touch. To save a new preset temperature for the active

user, manually adjust the driver’s temperature to the desired value then touch and hold the MyTemp button for at least two seconds.

Any subsequent touch of the MyTemp button will automatically change to this set temperature for this user.

The preset temperature can be saved for each user via a personal computer and transferred to the vehicle via a USB device. Refer to

Creating a user profile in the Entertainment Systems chapter for more information.

I've read the same section a few times plus searched my PDFs for "Create a user profile" section in Entertainment Systems, but nope, cannot find the section. I checked both Edge and Toch PDFs. Thanks anyway