Is the 2011 Edge an update or new model?

ddd269

Hello...

New to this forum and I've learned a lot already about the 2011.

Is the 2011 Edge and MKX an update or a new model for years to come? In other words, will there be an all new Edge coming out in the next few years? I know that the 2011 got a major face lift after and more power but I wanted to know if there's a new one around the corner.

Thanks guys!

I'm going to say that this 2011 splits the middle between a refresh and a new model purely on the amount of work put into it:

New engine (Ti-VCT) including Mustang V6 in Sport Trim with EcoBoost 2.0T to follow, 2 New Transmissions, New brakes, New Front end, refreshed rear end, New Wheel choices, New MyFord Touch system, a new and more absorptive sound pack throughout the interior, an acoustic headliner, a new robust engine cover, several subframe mount additions and upgrades, a laminated windshield, underbody shields and a re-tuned exhaust system, Hill Start assist, BLIS, adaptive cruise control, cross traffic warning system, My Key, and capless fuel tank.

I think I got it all :lol:

I'm going to say that this 2011 splits the middle between a refresh and a new model purely on the amount of work put into it:

New engine (Ti-VCT) including Mustang V6 in Sport Trim with EcoBoost 2.0T to follow, 2 New Transmissions, New brakes, New Front end, refreshed rear end, New Wheel choices, New MyFord Touch system, a new and more absorptive sound pack throughout the interior, an acoustic headliner, a new robust engine cover, several subframe mount additions and upgrades, a laminated windshield, underbody shields and a re-tuned exhaust system, Hill Start assist, BLIS, adaptive cruise control, cross traffic warning system, My Key, and capless fuel tank.

I think I got it all :lol:

You are correct on all the new improvements, although the unit body remains unchanged from the original. But I mean give credit where its due.... Ford did an excellent job with the original Edge and a Major refresh makes this vehicle look like a completely new model.