30,000 mile service

smitp11

Hi,

I have the equivalent of a 30,000 mile service booked next for an '08 Edge here in Canada. As this is going to cost around $500, I was thinking does it all need to be done by Ford ? If I have the work carried out somewhere else, will Ford honour the remaining warranty. Anyone had any experience with this ?

Thanks,

Patrick.

Hi,

I have the equivalent of a 30,000 mile service booked next for an '08 Edge here in Canada. As this is going to cost around $500, I was thinking does it all need to be done by Ford ? If I have the work carried out somewhere else, will Ford honour the remaining warranty. Anyone had any experience with this ?

Thanks,

Patrick.

As long as the service is carried out properly, they cannot void the warranty. You could even do it yourself. For them to void a warranty, they have to prove that whatever you did was the MAIN cause of the malfunction.

During a 30K service, they change oil, rotate tires as necessary, change out the trans fluid, inspect brakes and suspension, air filter and cabin filter.

I could personally do my own 30k service for less than $125 using synthetics to boot.

Interesting, thanks guys.

I called another Ford dealer and their costs were about the same. I asked them to break it down for me.

Essentially, the transmission fluid change is the bulk of the overall cost, alone it is $259.95, which is made up of $80 worth of fluid and 1.5 hours of labour. Is this accurate info I am receiving ?

Thanks again.

Actually, if I go here:

https://www.fleet.ford.com/maintenance/maintenance_schedules/FullMaintSchedule.asp

It tells me that the trans fluid does not need doing until 150K ? Confused now, the dealer says one thing, and Ford another....

Not confusing at all - the dealer is out to make money. Same reason they'll recommend 3K mile oil changes. You could change the tranny fluid at 30K but most think that's overkill.

If you want to change it early do it at 60K.

• 2 weeks later...

Actually, if I go here:

https://www.fleet.ford.com/maintenance/maintenance_schedules/FullMaintSchedule.asp

It tells me that the trans fluid does not need doing until 150K ? Confused now, the dealer says one thing, and Ford another....

I just did my 30,000 klm inspection at a ford dealership in oakville ontario. it cost me $159.00 including cabin filter. Sounds like you dealer is ripping you off

Just got my wife's MKS ( I know, it's not a Edge or MKX) back from the 30,000 service, from Maplecrest Ford / Lincoln in Union, NJ. They did multi point inspection, tire rotation, brake check, oil/filter, trans fluid and filter, and the cost was $201.21, a fair price in my books !

WE have 7/100,000 extended warranty on the car, and I'll let Maplecrest handle all servicing needs, they have competent techs, and decent prices.

Joe

Edited by JOEHIO