Hey All...!!

damoujd

Hi Everyone!

Soon to be 2011 Ford Edge owner! Ordered my Edge Sport AWD on March 12. Got my VIN and window sticker on the 5th of April. Sync installed (gen2.8) on April 11th. So I'm hoping just a matter of a few weeks until I'm up and running!

Live in central NJ and I commute up to northern NJ everyday. A 48 mile trek each way! But I luv to drive and I'm really looking forward to my Sport AWD. Tuxedo Black fully loaded except rear seat DVDs. (single and no kids so no need) I currently have a 2002 GMC Envoy and I'm pushing 265,000!!! Still running great but it's definitely time for a change. Also this will be a brand change for me. I've always had GM trucks although my first car was a 83' Ford Ranger pick-up. I've owned four GMC Jimmy suvs and the Envoy since the early 90s but I haven't been impressed with GMs lineup the last few years. Test drove the Edge afer a few GM test drives and I was hooked. Hoping that my 2011 Edge Sport will be able to go up and up in mileage like my Envoy!

Will be posting in other treads since I have many questions to ask the group!

Cheers all! I'll keep you posted on my Edge Progress.

Damon :shades:

Hi Everyone!

Soon to be 2011 Ford Edge owner! Ordered my Edge Sport AWD on March 12. Got my VIN and window sticker on the 5th of April. Sync installed (gen2.8) on April 11th. So I'm hoping just a matter of a few weeks until I'm up and running!

Live in central NJ and I commute up to northern NJ everyday. A 48 mile trek each way! But I luv to drive and I'm really looking forward to my Sport AWD. Tuxedo Black fully loaded except rear seat DVDs. (single and no kids so no need) I currently have a 2002 GMC Envoy and I'm pushing 265,000!!! Still running great but it's definitely time for a change. Also this will be a brand change for me. I've always had GM trucks although my first car was a 83' Ford Ranger pick-up. I've owned four GMC Jimmy suvs and the Envoy since the early 90s but I haven't been impressed with GMs lineup the last few years. Test drove the Edge afer a few GM test drives and I was hooked. Hoping that my 2011 Edge Sport will be able to go up and up in mileage like my Envoy!

Congrats... your morning commute will be soooo much nicer now. I'm having no problems waking up on my first alarm ring now :lol:

EDIT: quotation fix

Edited by cal3thousand

Enjoy your new wheels...................welcome to "Ford Country". I myself am looking for either a Edge or MKX.

Will wait un til the '12's come out, unless I get a deal that I can't refuse, and it has to have all the options that

I want. I've always bought from stock, time to get what I really want, including color.

Hmm...I ordered mine on the same day, have had the window decal for a couple of weeks, but no Sync installed yet?

I guess they noticed it was a Canadian order...no urgency.

Hi RonnieEge, You would think that since the Edge is assembled in Canada that it would be delivered in a much timelier fashion that us down here in the US. Can't figure that one out. Hope you get yours soon!

Damon

Hi Everyone!

Hi again All, Just got a call from my dealership. My Edge is in! Took 5 weeks total from order to delivery. Very impressed with that but I'm hoping that Ford didn't just slap this thing together and get it out the door. Just saying.

From what I've been reading in this forum, I have a list of things to watch for and be concerned about. All who have contributed have helped me greatly in choosing my purchase and even thought I might have some problems with this truck (ie:Sync/MFT) I'm still very excited about the tech and the 2011 in general. I'll keep the group posted on my Sport and I'll post a few photos this weekend.

Damon! :happy feet:

Hi RonnieEge, You would think that since the Edge is assembled in Canada that it would be delivered in a much timelier fashion that us down here in the US. Can't figure that one out. Hope you get yours soon!

Damon

Well, I actually got mine yesterday...so, a little under 6 weeks. (Sorry Ford, I thought you forgot us Canucks...)

Btw, grats op...:P sorry for my intrusion!

Edited by RonnieEdge

Hi Everyone!

Hi all!

Happy Easter and Passover to all. Got my Edge Sport this past friday. Very impressed with the quailty of the ride. Did a few minor mods these past few days. Gorrila black wheel locks and MPG caliper covers just to start. I have Gen2.8 MFT and all seems good. Just a bit of lag here and there but don't seem to have issues as of yet. Will keep an eye on it. Posted a few photos to share with all. Enjoy! Any more mod advice?!?

Damon

Hi all!

Happy Easter and Passover to all. Got my Edge Sport this past friday. Very impressed with the quailty of the ride. Did a few minor mods these past few days. Gorrila black wheel locks and MPG caliper covers just to start. I have Gen2.8 MFT and all seems good. Just a bit of lag here and there but don't seem to have issues as of yet. Will keep an eye on it. Posted a few photos to share with all. Enjoy! Any more mod advice?!?

Damon

Awesome. Ill be looking for ya on the GSP and TPK! Best of luck!