2008 Black Edge Paint Problems

rcbbdl1

Anyone here have any issues with paint? I just noticed today while wasing about 4-5 different places that are cracking/bubbling mainly on the roof.. Will Ford cover this? Warranty was expired when we bought it... Doubt extended warranty covers that either..... We just had a nice hail storm the other day too so I'm debating if I can get Ford to take care of it for free or if they won't then get the insurance to repaint the whole thing becaue I have paint chips on the hood from the hail on both fenders, 1 a pillar, 3 doors, roof, and chips in glass.

post-13921-039908600 1302996224_thumb.jpg

post-13921-073709000 1302996293_thumb.jpg

post-13921-090648300 1302996362_thumb.jpg

post-13921-041038500 1302996414_thumb.jpg

wow that looks horrible. are you sure that nothing was spilled on the paint?

not that I know of.... we bought it about 2 months ago and to be honest I never noticed it... until this 3rd wash I believe don't think my wife parks it under any trees or crap at work so I'm not sure and thats the main thing it gets used for to work and home.... but I guess if insurance will repair for hail it'll take care of it....

not that I know of.... we bought it about 2 months ago and to be honest I never noticed it... until this 3rd wash I believe don't think my wife parks it under any trees or crap at work so I'm not sure and thats the main thing it gets used for to work and home.... but I guess if insurance will repair for hail it'll take care of it....

You don't know what happened to it before you bought it.

You don't know what happened to it before you bought it.

Very true, becuase even though we had a carfax and no signs of accidents,etc. I did notice the day after we go it that both bumpers were a shade lighter/darker, I know they were repainted because you can see some paint lines... Not sure if this was part of the "dealer prep" or whatever to sell or what.....

Very true, becuase even though we had a carfax and no signs of accidents,etc. I did notice the day after we go it that both bumpers were a shade lighter/darker, I know they were repainted because you can see some paint lines... Not sure if this was part of the "dealer prep" or whatever to sell or what.....

Could just be tree or bird droppings that weren't cleaned. No way to really know.

Carfax takes a long time to report, so if it was a recent accident/repair it won't show up yet. Have a good body shop look it over see what they think. You may have recourse because you just bought it. Better Business Bureau could be helpful if you need them.

And if it were never reported, Carfax will never know.

Seems like dried bird droppings to me. I'm planning to wax the hell out of my Edge this weekend :lol: