No joy

Walk-n-Edge

My battery on my 2007 Ford Edge SEL recently went dead. I put in a brand new battery and nothing. Can't even get the radio to turn on. I'm absolutely positive I hooked the battery up right. Put everything back together right but still no juice. I'm stumped, there is a little corrosion on the terminals. But not enough to prevent an electrical connection. Only thing I can think of. I didn't put these two square mat looking things up inder the terminals when I reinstalled them. Can't see how they would have any bearing on anything anyway. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Walk

My battery on my 2007 Ford Edge SEL recently went dead. I put in a brand new battery and nothing. Can't even get the radio to turn on. I'm absolutely positive I hooked the battery up right. Put everything back together right but still no juice. I'm stumped, there is a little corrosion on the terminals. But not enough to prevent an electrical connection. Only thing I can think of. I didn't put these two square mat looking things up inder the terminals when I reinstalled them. Can't see how they would have any bearing on anything anyway. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Walk

Where did you get the battery? Perhaps it wasn't charged. Did you try jumping it?

Kinda hard to do that when you can't crank the car. Then drive it to Autozone.

Ever hear of jumper cables/jumpstart box? For $75 you can keep one in the garage charged and ready to jump your car. If you suspect your battery may be dying throw it in the car and you can jump yourself off anytime. Or anyone else. Very handy.

Ever hear of jumper cables/jumpstart box? For $75 you can keep one in the garage charged and ready to jump your car. If you suspect your battery may be dying throw it in the car and you can jump yourself off anytime. Or anyone else. Very handy.

Obviously power isn't the problem. So even if I had a jump box. It would do me no good. Because it would just provide the same voltage the new battery is providing.

For anyone who can actually help me. Last thing I have done is take come coke and a brillo pad. Cleaned what little corrosion I had on my terminals off. Would this be covered under the powertrain warranty? Anyone?

Tomorrow Im going go get a fluke and check all the fuses, the continuity across the fuseable link in the front and the continuity from positive to negative cable terminals. After that, I'm throwing in the towel.

As others have stated are you sure the new battery is charged?? Being new doesnt guarantee its at a full charge. It may be defective from the factory or sat for a while and be low on charge.

Did you try to jump the car b4 buying new battery? If so mioght it have been jumped backwards?

Check fuses/fusable links/relays to see if the main fuse/relay is burned out...