Glove Box Light

robs24

I miss not having the indicator for my headlights.

As far as instruments dimming...there are settings in the Touch system for that. You can tell it how dim the panel lights should go if the headlights are on.

The problem with putting this setting in the Touch system is that it's in the Touch system! It seems like the settings are not retained when the system reboots.

The default setting is full bright regardless of headlights

Edited by wilsons66604

I miss not having the indicator for my headlights.

As far as instruments dimming...there are settings in the Touch system for that. You can tell it how dim the panel lights should go if the headlights are on.

The problem with putting this setting in the Touch system is that it's in the Touch system! It seems like the settings are not retained when the system reboots.

The default setting is full bright regardless of headlights

Also, there is an additional offset that can be adjusted for the 8in screen only. Unfortunately, this offset will only be applied randomly (at least through V2.4). I have not figured out what causes it to be applied or not. Another undocumented benefit, I guess.

For those wanting an indication of headlights, you could get a small LED installed (not fun, I know, and cons are aplenty) that runs on the same circuit to indicate that the headlights are on.

A really trick mod would be a red LED hidden inside the headlight switch. So when the headlights are on, you will see a red backlighting instead of the normal bluish greenish color when the headlights are on.

I hope the designers also add a lock to the glovebox back again for future models. 99% of other models have them for their glove boxes. I know it would be difficult with the key fob not having a regular key, but I'm sure it can be done with not a lot of effort. Just my two cents.

For those wanting an indication of headlights, you could get a small LED installed (not fun, I know, and cons are aplenty) that runs on the same circuit to indicate that the headlights are on.

A really trick mod would be a red LED hidden inside the headlight switch. So when the headlights are on, you will see a red backlighting instead of the normal bluish greenish color when the headlights are on.

Where is the headlight switch?!?!

Oh, there it is. Hidden next to the hidden personalize buttons 1&2

Don't know for msure, but I think that the MKX is supposed to mcome with a glove box light. If it does, I bet it could be installed in the Edge pretty easily. True, A shame it is not included, my '06 Explorer Limited has it, but not the wifes MKS,! Go figure.

Edited by JOEHIO

Don't know for msure, but I think that the MKX is supposed to mcome with a glove box light. If it does, I bet it could be installed in the Edge pretty easily. True, A shame it is not included, my '06 Explorer Limited has it, but not the wifes MKS,! Go figure.

These would be real easy to install and would provide even light across the glovebox. Most glovebox lights I have seen (even in luxo whips) get blocked easily by a large item shifting to the side.

http://www.v-leds.com/Exterior-LED/DRLFOG-LED/Universal/V-LEDS-5K-Pure-White-p9561957-1-3.html

Cut a strip of about 6 LEDs and run a couple small wires and include a switch from another car to activate. A 6 inch strip is under 5 bucks.