I am afraid that I may sound stupid,but I will take a chance...the new Ford Vista Roof, I understand that the front moves like the good old moon roofs etc,right?...but my quetsion is since the rear portion of the Vista Roof is all glass and not movable,is there a sliding shade inside not only for the back portion but also to the front part of the glass roof?..if there is, are these shades manual or power operated

Thanks for all your help in helping this uninformed prospective buyer...

It is one touch open and close - it just has 2 positions.

So in other words, they both close or open at the same time..one swith with 2 positions...uhmmm....is it worth the additional $1700?.....how practical..or better yet how much fun?...thanks all for the help

So in other words, they both close or open at the same time..one swith with 2 positions...uhmmm....is it worth the additional $1700?.....how practical..or better yet how much fun?...thanks all for the help

Personally, I won't buy a vechicle that DOESN'T have a sunroof :yup: ! I love my BAMR and it gets me as close as I can to a convertible without "going all the way"! I do agree with the earlier remark about the shades though, Ford should have made these independent.

No. According to the owner's manual (I haven't driven one) one touch opens the front part to the "comfort" position and another touch opens it all the way. Same for closing but in reverse. You don't have to hold the button unless you want to stop it in between.

The owner's manuals are online at https://www.fleet.ford.com/maintenance/owne...als/default.asp

One touch completely open.

The "first" touch will close the vista roof 3/4 of the way.

The "second" touch will close the vista roof the rest of the way.

But you must hold the button on the second touch. Also the sunshade is manual to open and close, unless you "one touch" open the roof itself, then the shade opens with it.

Edited by speedtrap63

But you must hold the button on the second touch. Also the sunshade is manual to open and close, unless you "one touch" open the roof itself, then the shade opens with it.

Yes, correct. I guess I could have worded it differently.

First touch is automatic. Second touch I have to hold it down to close it the remaining way.

Yes, correct. I guess I could have worded it differently.

First touch is automatic. Second touch I have to hold it down to close it the remaining way.

Yes, but I have to correct myself. The shade is one touch to open and only manual to close. I tried it out today and hung my head in shame. :finger:

Edited by speedtrap63

Yes, but I have to correct myself. The shade is one touch to open and only manual to close. I tried it out today and hung my head in shame. :finger:

Are you certain you need to manually close the shade? I know that at least on the MKX, the shade is power operated both open & close.