Edge Climate control doesn't work

My 2011 Edge SEL has Synch and My Touch. The Climate control includes an "Auto" function which should maintain the temperature of the cabin automatically. When my climate control is set to "Auto" the A/C never comes on even when the cabin get warmer than the set temperature. THe user's manual says the A/C should be turned on and off automatically when using the "Auto" mode. The dealer seems to be unable to explain why the "Auto" mode is not working as I expect. The dealer checked a 2012 Edge and the Auto mode seems to work as I expect and turns the A/C on and off as needed to maintain the cabine temperature. The dealer is talking with Ford to determine what to do next. Anyone having this probelm?

My 2011 Edge SEL has Synch and My Touch. The Climate control includes an "Auto" function which should maintain the temperature of the cabin automatically. When my climate control is set to "Auto" the A/C never comes on even when the cabin get warmer than the set temperature. THe user's manual says the A/C should be turned on and off automatically when using the "Auto" mode. The dealer seems to be unable to explain why the "Auto" mode is not working as I expect. The dealer checked a 2012 Edge and the Auto mode seems to work as I expect and turns the A/C on and off as needed to maintain the cabine temperature. The dealer is talking with Ford to determine what to do next. Anyone having this probelm?

A bunch of us have minor issues like resets and freezing and such. But i don't think that I've heard of this one just yet. Hopefully its just a temperature sensor that is not working right. Not sure if the APIM has anything to do with it, but many have had it replaced to fix some of the major and repetitive issues.

Hi there. Haven't had issues with my auto climate control. Working fine on my '11 sport. AC going on and off to maintain temp. My auto feature turns off if I touch any of the climate controls like fan speed, temp or a/c. Which I'm thinking that is the way its suppose to work. Hope you figure out your issues. Good luck and keep us posted.

Damon

The Dealer checked a 2012 Edge? I didn't think those were available as of yet and probably not until sept /oct timeframe?

I've got a 2011 LTD and as far as I can tell Climate on and Auto cycles the AC when needed, most of the time I turn off climate, isn't warm enuff here to justify a/c but it does turn on if the car is sitting in the sun. outside temp about 12-18 degrees Celsius currently.

M.

• 1 month later...

I'm having the same problem with my 2011 edge sport but when I told the dealer about it they looked at me like I was crazy and that was as far as it went. Have you heard anything back form Ford or your dealer about this concern? If so I would be interested to know what they said.

Nicole

• 3 years later...

I know this is a crazy old school post, but I have the same vehicle (2011 Edge Ltd w\ Sync and My Touch) and the EXACT same problem.

You set the A/C on Auto to 74 degrees F and you never know what you'll get. Sometimes you'll get frozen out, sometimes heat (which is rarely required where I live). It seems to want to gauge the cabin temp from the outside temp, not the cabin temp. It's my wifes car and this really has her ticked off.

So, anybody ever figure out what the story is w\ this?

Thanks!