yes ...another HID question :-(

Hey there!

I'm new to the forum and should be picking up our new to us 2008 Ford Edge Limited AWD Canadian model tomorrow afternoon. I've been reading up quite a bit on the forum here but have been having a bit of an issue finding out exactly what is required to try out some HID's without blowing up the SJB. I have two digital slim H11 5000K HID kits to put in the fogs and the low beams but am aware that I need to get a couple relay harnesses and a capacitor. Is someone able to tell me what harness kit and capacitor that can be purchased to work with the kit and the daytime running lights (unless I can get my dealer to kindly disable them)? I have seen a vendor on here that sells HID kits that are designed to work with the Edge but I would prefer to reuse the ones I have. Thanks in advance! I'm hoping the halogen housing will give a good cutoff with the xenons.

Jon

I've always purchased harnesses from the same vendor that I bought my HIDs from, try to contact the seller and ask about a harness. Not always neccesary, mind you. The cut off is fine, just re-align the lights when you're done installing. I'm not sure where that blowing up your SJB came from??? I ran HIDs on our 2008 for 3 years without as much as a flicker...

I've always purchased harnesses from the same vendor that I bought my HIDs from, try to contact the seller and ask about a harness. Not always neccesary, mind you. The cut off is fine, just re-align the lights when you're done installing. I'm not sure where that blowing up your SJB came from??? I ran HIDs on our 2008 for 3 years without as much as a flicker...

^ Thanks! There was a member on here that was banned for giving Retro Solutions a tough time. He claimed the HID kit blew up his SJB but he wasn't following the instructions and may have installed something incorrectly. Does your harness have a capacitor installed to smooth out the pulsed input from the SJB? I think most of the ebay harnesses are the same but I may have to manually add the capacitor.

Is that light effect on the side cowling a factory detail? I assume so, and it looks awesome!

I too am picking up a Canadian AWD 2008 and wanted to find projectors for the headlights. Will the newer year lights fit the 08? What is the model bracket for the 2008? Was it 07-09 or 07-10?

Thanks

Edited by perfik

• 2 weeks later...

Is that light effect on the side cowling a factory detail? I assume so, and it looks awesome!

I too am picking up a Canadian AWD 2008 and wanted to find projectors for the headlights. Will the newer year lights fit the 08? What is the model bracket for the 2008? Was it 07-09 or 07-10?

Thanks

You would have to retrofit your own projectors or find someone to do it for you. I have a kit that I could retrofit for you, but it's not cheap in any sense. $400 for the parts, not including a spare set of lights to work on.