Is $6k off sticker a great price?

i havent given up yet. my own financing will fix most of that. all i have to do is get someone to give me $20k for my trade. I could have probably got them to $19,500 but i didnt feel like spending another 2 hours there.

biggest problem is i want the sport but i also want a sunroof.

i havent given up yet. my own financing will fix most of that. all i have to do is get someone to give me $20k for my trade. I could have probably got them to $19,500 but i didnt feel like spending another 2 hours there.

biggest problem is i want the sport but i also want a sunroof.

But is your trade WORTH $20K? You're not going to get a screaming deal on the new car AND retail value for the trade-in. You should probably sell it yourself - you should be able to get at least $2K more than trade-in value.

But is your trade WORTH $20K? You're not going to get a screaming deal on the new car AND retail value for the trade-in. You should probably sell it yourself - you should be able to get at least $2K more than trade-in value.

ha.. well prob not.. but who doesnt try to get a deal. i do firmly believe a dealer can give me $19,500 for it tho. no title in hand. makes it a big pain selling privately. only owe $6700 on it tho... 2010 GTI with 11,800 miles.. fully loaded with MSRP $31k.

im very zoned in on a white FWD Sport. probably mentioned it above somewhere. I think i have determined i want Sport more than i want sunroof. I would eventually sell the rims too, i have other 20" rims in mind. But for the grill and dash accents alone i would get the Sport. That, and its also $2000 cheaper than the Limited i was looking at.

oh so for selling those 22" with tires in the first few months i have it.. any clue what those go for? Ive already heard about the dealer prices new, like $1500 a RIM or something?? so $6000 PLUS tires?? Obviously no one would pay $7000 for the set, but im sure i could easily cover a set of 20" rims/tires i have been looking at for a while.. is getting $4000 for like new rims/tires still a pipe dream? $3000?

Edited by jackson5

Landed it. 5k off sticker. (woulda been $6k off sticker but their financing sucked.) 20k for my trade. and 2.25% for 60 months thru a credit union.

my monthly payment dropped about $50.

Lesson: Dont give up on what you want. Fight for it. They did NOT want to give me $20k and said so. But he did it to earn a future long term customer. Even I didnt think my car was worth $20k.. lol.

Edited by jackson5

Keep the wheels they look good congrats and good luck

ya after seeing them on white i decided to keep them. ill prob be used to the size in a few days. they just looked a lot bigger on the blue one..

only had 30 mins of drive time. havent even gone out to the garage to see it. im just savoring the experience. no hurry in me learning everything.

and im gonna try to NOT spend time on the forums.. that is the downfall of everything for me. 75% of everything I already saw is a complaint, and i dont need to be worrying about things all the time. its in my nature to begin with, and i dont need extra help. the car is awesome so far, and if an issue comes up, ill come here to investigate. but i dont need to read people complaining day after day like i did with all my previous cars.

Edited by jackson5

Trade in value is different than the actual Value, the dealer has to make money off of it cause he is not going to give you what he can sell it for. They usually like to make at the very least $1000 off the sale. I traded in my 2001 Corvette and I got $17,600 and they sold it for just under $19,000.

Trade in value is different than the actual Value, the dealer has to make money off of it cause he is not going to give you what he can sell it for. They usually like to make at the very least $1000 off the sale. I traded in my 2001 Corvette and I got $17,600 and they sold it for just under $19,000.

dealers around here need to make a minimum of $3k off a trade. in my case, they didnt even get close.