Upgrade to chromstrip under windows (limted)

You can order that from the dealer. I've heard it's not too expensive. Should be a screw or two per piece for installation.

how about the chrome strip that runs underneath the rear quarter window? i took a closer look at that piece and it looks like the rubber weather stripping is molded into the bottom edge of the window like its one solid piece...i might be mistaken tho...

Edited by TheGroceryGetter

• 2 months later...

I'd just stop by your LFD and have them price it out for you.Generally beltline moulding attaches by clips that are part of the backside of the moulding. When you remove your orig beltline mouldings be very patient or these plastic clips will snap off and you wont be able to reuse the mouldings. Have learned this the hard way (on more than one occaision) :banghead: If you do the chrome beltline mouldings also look into the chrome mounlding that goes across the rear hatch right under the rear glass (surrounding the Ford blue oval), Looks good with the chrome beltline mouldings on teh Limited.

Good luck

• 4 months later...

I checked on this, and the chrome trim under the windows is an easy swap out with new parts from dealer. The parts do add up though ($). However the chrome trim under the rear quarter windows is part of the actual window. So changing that out with OEM parts means changing both rear quarter windows! That's too much for me.

So I will be buying a set of those chrome adhesive overlays from ebay in the spring.