If you are sensitive to the Sun, don't drive with the moonroof open. I got a heat rash

around my neck and upper chest, I had never gotten before. It looks bad and from

a short exposure to the sun, with the moon roof open. If you are a senior and getting

sensitive to solar radiation, keep the glass closed or get a sun burn. Ouch! I live

in the far north, so I can just imagine how intense it must be in the lower 48, like Texas

or Florida. Do your moonroofing on a cloudy or overcast day, if you are older and wise,

not young and foolish.

Edited by _13257

Yup... its about time to put some sunblock in the glovebox.

But honestly, I'm more worried about my leather. I guess it shows too since I got leather conditioner in there before the personal SPF. :lol:

We won't have the sunroof open that often or for that long. But the sun can be intense up here in the summer. It is an unreal experience. We had 19 1/2 hours of daylight yesterday. Crazy!

Its cool to have the sun streaming through the opening. My treated eyeglasses actually have a chance to darken!

I've havent been opening my BAMR as much as I would like though.

It has started laboring to close the last 6". I need to give it a helping push.

Has anyone experienced this?

Not at all

that scares me though

Its cool to have the sun streaming through the opening. My treated eyeglasses actually have a chance to darken!

I've havent been opening my BAMR as much as I would like though.

It has started laboring to close the last 6". I need to give it a helping push.

Has anyone experienced this?

Sounds like the rails need to be greased?

I haven't noticed mine slowing had it since Oct, and use it pretty much every chance I get.

M.

• 3 months later...

The Vista Roof on my 2007 Edge Plus is dying. The roof opens quickly as usual, but now when it goes to close the window (motor?) labors to move and barely closes. I plan to bring it into CarMax (where I purchased it) and have it serviced. Any thoughts on the cause?

My 2011 Vista Roof would drag to a halt before closing. I would have to help it to close.

The service dpt seems to have fixed the issue with a healthy dose of blue grease.

EDIT:

Excuse the odd rotations of the photos. Pic 1 is upside down. Pic 2 is is 90d off

post-9129-0-22987100-1316921488_thumb.jpg

post-9129-0-48298400-1316921497_thumb.jpg

post-9129-0-32897900-1316921692_thumb.jpg

Edited by wilsons66604
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

We just picked up our 2012 Ford Edge Ltd and my wife commented about the sun roofs. On our Enclave you could close the back seat roof shade separate from the front . We noticed that the Edge Roof shades both close together. Does anyone know if there is an after market shade for the back roof to prevent unwanted sunlight into the passenger compartment, while I have the front opened?