Rust on 2011 White sport ?

Jeramie630

Ok so I have a 2011 sport White and I have these little speckles of what looks like rust on some parts of my car anyone else's see this on theres? I have tried rubbing them off but it seems like they are under the paint. I'm goin to take it to ford this weekend but juat want to see if I'm the Only one

Ok so I have a 2011 sport White and I have these little speckles of what looks like rust on some parts of my car anyone else's see this on theres? I have tried rubbing them off but it seems like they are under the paint. I'm goin to take it to ford this weekend but juat want to see if I'm the Only one

Did you have any bird poop sit on your car for too long? I've noticed some spots that are almost stained due to bird dookie.

Gee, I hate to even mention this, but "rail dust" comes to mind. This is often more noticeable on light colored vehicles. If the vehicle was transported by rail or sitting in a rail yard for even a day or two, rail dust (small iron/steel particles of dust from train rails) settle on the surface. These particles of steel dust embed in the paint and show up as flecks of rust. There is a solution to the problem. Clay bar. Clay bar the car, to pull the particles out of the paint. May take two or three sessions. Just make sure to continually knead the clay bar and use adequate lubricant as you work.

Gee, I hate to even mention this, but "rail dust" comes to mind. This is often more noticeable on light colored vehicles. If the vehicle was transported by rail or sitting in a rail yard for even a day or two, rail dust (small iron/steel particles of dust from train rails) settle on the surface. These particles of steel dust embed in the paint and show up as flecks of rust. There is a solution to the problem. Clay bar. Clay bar the car, to pull the particles out of the paint. May take two or three sessions. Just make sure to continually knead the clay bar and use adequate lubricant as you work.

Oh never thought of that but thst sounds like what it would be as much as I hate clay baring I'll have to give it a try thanks

Edited by Jeramie630

Try a product called 'IRON X' - I had the same issue on the inner door jambs on my 'white platinum' edge and it worked like a charm

It was a result from teh door components being installed after the doors were painted and having micro-contaminants inside the door.

the IRON X sprayed on, left to sit, and rinsed off fixed the issue without having to tear the car apart.

Same thing on my 2011 white sport. Took it to the dealer and they took some picture, submitted it to ford and ford approved some treatment that the shop does. It takes 2 days to complete and they treat the entire vehicle. They service shop also mentioned rail dust. Take it back to the dealer for service.

• 1 month later...

You are dead on the money Mazz, it is called rail dust & for anybody that has it I hate to tell you but you will have it for as long as you own your car. My wife has it on her car & I use the mothers clay bar kit & it works amazing only this is the "rust worm" look as i like to call it comes back within a few months. A far as i know there is only 1 company out ther that is really smart about it & you will never see it on there vechiles is volkswagen/audi. Ever drive by 1 of there dealerships & see the cars wrapped in white? that's why the do it. I wish all car companies would do this :( . Also my wife's car takes me about 6-8 hrs to do this clay bar process on the whole car :(

Edited by ferneyhough

You are dead on the money Mazz, it is called rail dust & for anybody that has it I hate to tell you but you will have it for as long as you own your car. My wife has it on her car & I use the mothers clay bar kit & it works amazing only this is the "rust worm" look as i like to call it comes back within a few months. A far as i know there is only 1 company out ther that is really smart about it & you will never see it on there vechiles is volkswagen/audi. Ever drive by 1 of there dealerships & see the cars wrapped in white? that's why the do it. I wish all car companies would do this :( . Also my wife's car takes me about 6-8 hrs to do this clay bar process on the whole car :(

If it comes back then it's not rail dust unless you drive close to a rail yard frequently.

It's either rail dust or fallout from the atmosphere. Either way you need to get it off the paint. Clay bars are an OK fix, but the better answer is IronX as Shantz mentioned above. IX is available is a few different forms. The spray you tend to use more quickly, but is very effective. Listen, if you think your paint is bad, wait till you spray IronX on your wheels and see the brake dust on there. IX turns purple when it is dissolving the metal contaminants...it is very cool to watch. This stuff is a Godsend. Better than clay b/c clay just shears off the top of it whereas IX gets it right off the paint surface completely.

The key to keeping it off is using the strongest surface protection you can get. That's the nano coatings. CQuartz (made by the same folks who make IronX), Opti Coat 2, Permanon are a few that are available. Permanon is a new one to a lot of people but is by far the easiest to use...you literally just spray it on. Live2detail has a Group Buy on it for the month of September with an unheard-of 25% discount. You use very little. You mix 5% Permanon to 95% distilled water and spray it on. Check out L2D for more details and look at Youtube for videos on both IronX and Permanon.