Looking for LT tires ...

weasel

I am starting to think that such an animal does not exist, but I am trying to find LT tires that will fit the stock 18" rims. If anyone knows of a tire that is close to the 245/60/18 that's on my Limited, please let me know. Keep in mind that I am also north of the border. Thanks.

No. An LT tire is built to take a lot more pressure than a P tire. This is so that it can be fitted in a vehicle that requires a higher load rated tire with higher tire pressure. If you don't need a higher load capacity there are a number of P rated tires that will give you better performance overall.

The real problem is that auto companies have decided to fit their vehicles with very large wheels (18 and above) in odd sizes. Thus the production numbers of these tires are limited, and the selection is these odd sizes is very restricted. Some vehicles had to be cut back in production because there are not enough of these odd sized tires to go around. Ford does not do its customers any favor with these odd sized tire decisions. But a trend is a trend.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for taking so long to catch back up with this thread. Between moving and having my computer blow up ... It is the higher load capacity I am after. I would have to double check, but I believe the LT classification starts at tires with either 4 or 6 ply's. I have found LT's that will physically mount onto the rims, but I have serious doubts that it will clear the rear wheel well liner. There seems to be around 1" of clearance in two spots. There is a little part of me that wishes that I had 17" rims because the selection of tires goes up. The Toyo's mentioned above are most likely what I'll end up with if I can't find what I want.

• 6 months later...

I am starting to think that such an animal does not exist, but I am trying to find LT tires that will fit the stock 18" rims. If anyone knows of a tire that is close to the 245/60/18 that's on my Limited, please let me know. Keep in mind that I am also north of the border. Thanks.

Pull up the Michelin web site. I think you will find the LTX-MS tire in the size you are looking for?