2011 Ford Edge Limited

Robert Burke

I drive with the windshield air on, as that is the only way to get filtered air into the cabin.

I'm wondering if this kicks in a dehumidifier, too? When I park and get back inside,

I notice a puddle of water on the ground, where the car's engine was. Where did

it come from and why? If you know, drop me a line. Thanks

I drive with the windshield air on, as that is the only way to get filtered air into the cabin.

I'm wondering if this kicks in a dehumidifier, too? When I park and get back inside,

I notice a puddle of water on the ground, where the car's engine was. Where did

it come from and why? If you know, drop me a line. Thanks

Windshield air on will usually have the a/c compressor running when the temperature is above 50 degrees so, the water you see is condensation from your evaporator. A normal thing.

Thanks! I don't drive with the A/C on, just the wind shield air/fan speed to blow in air from the outside,

using the inside wind shield vents. They say this is the ONLY WAY you can get filtered air into

the cabin. ?? I find it almost as cool as using the A/C. But, am I using a dehumidifier, with just

the outside air on and no A/C? ???

Thanks! I don't drive with the A/C on, just the wind shield air/fan speed to blow in air from the outside,

using the inside wind shield vents. They say this is the ONLY WAY you can get filtered air into

the cabin. ?? I find it almost as cool as using the A/C. But, am I using a dehumidifier, with just

the outside air on and no A/C? ???

Who said you can only get filtered air thru the defrost setting?

If the a/c is on you get filtered air.

As already said, if the defroster is on the a/c comes on above a certain outside temp. Your a/c is running to cause the condensation.

There is no humidifier. It is normal condensation when warm/hot humid air hits a cold surface. Like the sweat on a glass of ice water or tea.

Who said you can only get filtered air thru the defrost setting?

If the a/c is on you get filtered air.

As already said, if the defroster is on the a/c comes on above a certain outside temp. Your a/c is running to cause the condensation.

There is no humidifier. It is normal condensation when warm/hot humid air hits a cold surface. Like the sweat on a glass of ice water or tea.

Most modern cars do have a dehumidifier, to take the moisture out. On my previous car, a Jeep Commander, I ran

the dehumidifier during summer, but kept the A/C turned off and it blew out cool air. Saved on gas. It takes in

outside moist air, sucks the moisture out and then blows in cold air.

Wish I had a parts manual, but they cost big bucks.

Most modern cars do have a dehumidifier, to take the moisture out. On my previous car, a Jeep Commander, I ran

the dehumidifier during summer, but kept the A/C turned off and it blew out cool air. Saved on gas. It takes in

outside moist air, sucks the moisture out and then blows in cold air.

Wish I had a parts manual, but they cost big bucks.

Just run the fan with the A/C button off.

Also, if you are running the DEFROST, some cars seem to kick on the A/C at the same time so you get water from the evaporator drain.