Windshield washer nozzle

edgemaster

Guys,

I need to replace the windshield washer nozzles. Do I need to use original Ford nozzles (probably cost a small fortune) or can I install aftermarket parts?

Thanks,

Ed

Aftermarket will work. Beware though, the spray pattern on the stock ones is pretty good. If you get aftermarket, make sure the spray pattern is fan-like and will cover your glass properly. Nothing worse than not having enough fluid on parts while too much on others.

My plan is to take mine off, and give them a coat or two of touch up paint to body match them.

• 7 months later...

Just had to replace both nozzles on my 07 Edge with 72k miles on it. They both stopped working and then broke apart when I tried to work with them. Looks like dry-rotted plastic. Ordered replacements from Jacky Jones Ford on line and they arrived in four days. Will install them tomorrow. Looks like this happens to a lot of Edge owners.

• 3 months later...

My drivers side nozzle broke where the hose goes into the nozzle. There is a sleeve still attached to the hose; is that glued on? I may have to replace the hose and both nozzles (which at this point it may not be a bad idea from what I just read here).

Thanks!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

I had a feeling, before I decided to check here, that there was an issue with these.

This seems to be an issue of crummy plastic parts. I can honestly say...in all the cars I've owned...that I ever had a windshield washer nozzle disintegrate in my hands like this. Bought a new set ...OEM Ford Part...for $16.88 delivered from a Ford dealership in Braintree, MA on eBay. The lines seemed to be OK, my dealer wanted over $100 to diagnose the problem.."Yeah, the pumps go on those cars all the time"...and it wasn't a pump, the connection broke at the nozzle. What thieves.

Thanks for the confirmation guys!