Confused between new ford edge and new ford explorer

sadnes

Hai I have ford edge 2009 and I want to bay the new ford edge , in my country ther is tow models the sel"it is between se and sel"and the sel+"between sel and limited "

I like the new ford edge but the ford explorer have 3 thing that not found in ford edge in our country "Israel "

1 blind spot information system - in the edge the mirror with regular blind spot not digital

2 adaptive cruise control acc - in the edge cruise control

3 park assisted - in the edge no

The explorer is bigger than the edge and I like the new edge

What do you think take the edge and losse this three thing or take the explorer to take the three thing

By the way I like the exterior design of the edge more than the explorer

Please give me advise

It is too bad those three things are not available on the Edge in your country. Two are available in SEL and Limited here in North America; the Park Assist is not an option here on the Edge. Also one more trim level above Limited is the Sport.

Personally, I would choose the car I liked better, but if those 3 options are something you really want then you should get the Explorer.

You would have to re-wire the car and change the software in a lot of different modules. Very complicated and only an expert could do it. Even the dealers would not know how to do that. Plus the parts and sensors would probably cost several thousand dollars. It would probably be cheaper and easier to import a US spec model.

You would have to re-wire the car and change the software in a lot of different modules. Very complicated and only an expert could do it. Even the dealers would not know how to do that. Plus the parts and sensors would probably cost several thousand dollars. It would probably be cheaper and easier to import a US spec model.

yea you are right, but maby i will take th optin to bay from my country cause i'm not good with import car and i chek th ford site there is no black metalic , and i dont now how can full packeg in the limttid.

but thank you so much

and i glad to be here in this fourm

• 1 month later...

We liked both so we got a "His and Hers" matched set in Platinum White Tri-coat Metallic. They are very different SUV's or CUV's or whatever you'd like to call them. My Sport with 22's feels tight around turns at full speed, The Explorer? Larger, softer, less sporty. Definitely more luxury. Surprisingly We haven't towed our trailer with the Explorer yet. Friends of ours regularly tow a small mobile camper with theirs and say they don't even feel it. I couldn't say that about towing a 1850lb payload with my 2008 Edge, it seemed like that setup always struggled to find the right gear to drive in.

Get what you like and feel comfortable in. Either way, you'll be happy with what you choose. They are both wonderful vehicles.

IMAG0107.jpg

IMAG0106.jpg

IMAG0109.jpg

IMAG0108.jpg