Mediterranean Blue and ugly pinstripe!

fishx65

Won't bother explaining but I got stuck with a Mediterranean Blue 2011 SEL. Was not to crazy about the color but to top it off the dealership painted on a red and beige pinstripe!!!!! What the heck were they thinking???? Kinda getting used to the body color but finally couldn't take the pinstripe any longer so I got crazy the other night. First I tried the Easy-off oven cleaner trick but it did not work at all. Next in line was Laquer thinner. After about 3 hours of light rubbing with the thinner and a little polishing and waxing, the pinstripe is gone! Kinda freaky using Laquer Thinner on a brand new vehicle but it did the trick and didn't bite into the clearcoat at all. Another strange thing with this vehicle is that the EDGE emblem was put on crooked. I ended up removing it along with the SEL emblem.

Won't bother explaining but I got stuck with a Mediterranean Blue 2011 SEL. Was not to crazy about the color but to top it off the dealership painted on a red and beige pinstripe!!!!! What the heck were they thinking???? Kinda getting used to the body color but finally couldn't take the pinstripe any longer so I got crazy the other night. First I tried the Easy-off oven cleaner trick but it did not work at all. Next in line was Laquer thinner. After about 3 hours of light rubbing with the thinner and a little polishing and waxing, the pinstripe is gone! Kinda freaky using Laquer Thinner on a brand new vehicle but it did the trick and didn't bite into the clearcoat at all. Another strange thing with this vehicle is that the EDGE emblem was put on crooked. I ended up removing it along with the SEL emblem.

You have to explain now. What happened?

You have to explain now. What happened?

I purchased a white 2010 SEL from my parental units a few months ago with 10,000 miles on it. They then went out and picked up a 2011 Mediterranean Blue SEL. They did not like the 2011 because of the stiffer ride. They were about to take a huge hit by trading in the new one so I offered to trade them the White 2010 they originally purchased. I also like the 2010 more but don't mind the 11. A few things I like more on the 2011 is the much cooler looking front end, stronger and better sounding 3.5 and it gets a few MPG's better. I just wish they would have gone with White again!!!!!

• 1 month later...