Has Ford ever issued updated NAV data?

I'm just curious, I know it has already been discussed that there are currently no updates for the SD-based navigation data that came with my Touch based navigation system. But, has Ford ever offered updated map and POI data for any of their built in navigation systems? I am assuming that 2011 when I bought my car was not the first time Ford has offered such a system, but in all the forums and threads I've seen I have never actually heard of anyone saying they had received (or bought) such a thing, even on an earlier model vehicle.

My other vehicle is a Honda minivan, there tends to be crapping and complaining over there due to the high costs of the updated DVD disks, but Honda is pretty good about at least offering updates once a year.

I'm just curious, I know it has already been discussed that there are currently no updates for the SD-based navigation data that came with my Touch based navigation system. But, has Ford ever offered updated map and POI data for any of their built in navigation systems? I am assuming that 2011 when I bought my car was not the first time Ford has offered such a system, but in all the forums and threads I've seen I have never actually heard of anyone saying they had received (or bought) such a thing, even on an earlier model vehicle.

My other vehicle is a Honda minivan, there tends to be crapping and complaining over there due to the high costs of the updated DVD disks, but Honda is pretty good about at least offering updates once a year.

Ford used to use Navteq and they publish map updates on DVD for $200. You can also find them on Ebay. Because of the price they're not big sellers.

Haven't seen any yet but Ford doesn't normally sell these - they come from the map provider. I forgot who the map provider is for the 2011s but it's not Navteq.

Get this...

On the package, it says Ford, wcities, infoUSA, gracenote, USTA (The tennis folks), telenav, Tele Atlas, Sync powered by Microsoft, and FoMoco.

It also says, "The data enclosed is updated annually. To purchase an update of the navigation data, please go to your Ford/Lincoln/Mercury Dealer or call

In USA: 1(800)392-3673

In Canada: 1(800)565-3673

Lincoln Mexico: 01-800-005-4626

Ford Mexico: 01-800-719-8466

Get this...

On the package, it says Ford, wcities, infoUSA, gracenote, USTA (The tennis folks), telenav, Tele Atlas, Sync powered by Microsoft, and FoMoco.

It also says, "The data enclosed is updated annually. To purchase an update of the navigation data, please go to your Ford/Lincoln/Mercury Dealer or call

In USA: 1(800)392-3673

In Canada: 1(800)565-3673

Lincoln Mexico: 01-800-005-4626

Ford Mexico: 01-800-719-8466

Wow - they never did that with NavTeq. I guess we'll find out when the first update becomes available.

Have you seen any SD Map updates?

Would they be available at my local parts dpt if they were available?

I have asked the ford social media service people on Facebook and they have said that they have not received the new maps from Telnav yet - I then went to Telnav and asked them when they would be available and they directed me to Ford. I am thinking this won't be updated as often as we would like.