Ford PremiumCare ESP and Premium Maintenance Plans

wlepse

• 1 month later...

Good day all! I have a ? About the beginning of a Premium care plan. Does the plan start when you buy it, for example, one month before the end of the three-year warranty, or does it start at the very beginning when you bought the automobile new. I bought my edge two and half years ago and it only has 7200 miles on it. So if I

buy the seven-year plan does that mean it's only good for four years after the initial three-year warranty is up, (this seems to be a common issue) or is it a full seven years after the three-year initial warranty ? Thanks for any info that you can give me.

• 6 months later...

The only concern I have is when someone tries to use a USA purchased PremiumCare at a Canadian dealership on a Canadian car, will the dealer try to weasel out of honouring it. My dealer mentioned that while the ESP is honoured throughout USA and Canada, that does not necessarily mean USA ESPs will always be honoured on Canadian cars purchased by Canadian residents. I have never heard of anyone that has actually successfully used the ESP in this situation... only promises and theoretical reasoning.

I've been eyeing this for a while now so I'm keeping my eyes peeled... :)

I tried to PM you but I don't have enough posts as per the message I got. I purchased a US ESP last month for my used, locally purchased (Toronto GTA) Edge. I had an issue and brought it in last week. The service department called me and said all I have to pay is the 100 deductible. The US ESP was already registered to my VIN. You can message me for more details if you'd like.

• 3 months later...

I purchased it, without second guessing it. The way it was explained, rather sold to me was it covers all the sensitive touch controls, nav, tires, roadside, hotel if you breakdown more then 100miles from home, free loaner* as per bait-um from the finance manager. The Edge Sport does have a whole lot of electronics and digital screens that can go bad so I felt it was best to get the best coverage, even thou my car was a pre-own cert under 100,000 miles. that only covers bumper to bumper whatever that means, I want full power train

Lets see when the day comes that I need to claim a service repair and find out if I am covered LOL

Good day all! I have a ? About the beginning of a Premium care plan. Does the plan start when you buy it, for example, one month before the end of the three-year warranty, or does it start at the very beginning when you bought the automobile new. I bought my edge two and half years ago and it only has 7200 miles on it. So if I

buy the seven-year plan does that mean it's only good for four years after the initial three-year warranty is up, (this seems to be a common issue) or is it a full seven years after the three-year initial warranty ? Thanks for any info that you can give me.

If you buy the warranty after yours expires, you are getting what you bought. In my case, because I bought after the original warranty had expired. I purchased a 5 year 60000 MILE warranty, so I'm good till 2019 (I work close to home) and as I've posted, I've already used it with no issues.

Last new car I purchased the extended warranty through Ford. Of course that price was rolled into my loan and into my payments as well. This time I got the extended warranty for my new 2014 Edge through my insurance company. I have Geico. I had totally forgot about this nice option with Geico when we purchased a new car a few years back. Added it for the cost of about $43 per 6 month Premium. Still works out cheaper then going through the dealer.

• 5 months later...

:headscratch: What's up all!!

About this Topic, my Edge is due for its 80,000 service, I purchased the Top of the line ESP Premium Packaged 100,000 or 3 years/ I was told it covers a bunch of items, more then a bumper to bumper plan/ I also bought the tire package and dent protection. I was impresssed,

Today I called to make an appointment and also to ask about my ESP coverage since I never recieved any documentation about the ESP or other coverage I payed for. When I bought the truck I noted to the sales man that the rear camera is blurry, the allighment was pulling to the right and the passenger seat had issues. He said, don't worry, after you make your first payments, you can bring the truck in and they will fix the issues under the ESP. No problem.

So when I talked to the service agent on the phone I explained the issues at the time of purchace and he said we won't cover the allighment you havve to pay; and as far as the rear camera issue, that might no be covered. I told him to call my sales man to verify, and he replied...... oh I would have to fill out a form and send it to corp and wait for them to reply... WTF/ I am confused on this ESP crap I payed $2600 for.......

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7ij9seduuxxhpbz/2015%20PremiumCARE%20Brochure.pdf?dl=0

Yes indeed, a lesson learned -

Here is the breakdown on my contract

CPO Premium ESP $1680.00

Basic Maintenace Plan - $695.00

Safe Guard Tire and Wheel - $349.00

Dent Guard Protect - $349.00

A total just for maintaince features: $3073.00

And they are telling me I have to pay for oil change? WTF to the max!

lol

thanks for the reply

Expensive lesson - always get it in writing. Ford publishes the ESP details and what's covered - just google it. That price also sounds really high for that type of coverage.

All I have is the Purchase contract printout. I have never recieved any documentation via mail regarding the ESP warrenty packet. main concern is about the rear camera that was defected at purchase, and the ESP claims its covered

thanks for the feed back.

Be well

Did your maintenance plan look like this:

http://www.lombardfordwarrantys.com/maintenanceplans.cfm

They probably do the oil/filter change as per specs in the manual. Any other interval, you'd have to pay for.