Headlight Bulb won't come out!!!!

Update: Got everything wired in and drove in this morning to work, everything is done, I just need to drill holes in the back of the bulb housing caps to flush the rubber gromit in. Range of light looks good, haven't seen them in the actual dark yet, just dusk.

I ended up braking the damn bulb off the factory light and it fell into the bulb housing...... :angry: NIGHTMARE to get out!!! Took 45 mins to get the stupid thing out.

Found easy places to mount the ballasts (post pics later today), they're just under the hood but away from all moving parts etc. The lights look great, and seem to be showing a good pattern. Like I said it needs to be dark to tell for sure.

• 1 month later...

I used the 55W 6000k kit from retro solutions, everything fit fine, just a little difficult at times to figure out the wiring, not really electrically savvy. All worked out though.

I just got the same kit today for my 2011. I'm planning on installing it this weekend. Looking at the bulbs and the wire. What do the blue and black wires plug into that are on the same side of the rubber seal that the lamps are? They also have connectors attached to them. Are these used for anything? Is there anything I need to pay close attention to during the installation process?

Thanks!

I put pictures in this thread, I'd have to look at my wiring again to know for sure, I jsut did some trial an error until it worked haha. One thing to key in on is that the ballasts actually have a little +/- sign, and the plug that connects need to line up with the correct +/-. Just make sure the black cable is matched with the (-). Its hard to see at first but you'll get it.

By blue and black wires I'm assuming you mean the bare wires? Those you need to plug into the adapter caps (best description I can give) that come in the kit. They are in a bag, just push the blue/black wires into the adapter. I'll try and take more pictures tonight.

http://www.fordedgeforum.com/index.php?/topic/8343-hids-installed-in-2011-limited/page__pid__66708#entry66708