Trailer hitch

Can someone please explain to me which models come equipped withe the standard Class I hitch receiver?

I expected my new SEL AWD to have it (as per the brochure), but my dealer wasn't sure.

Sure enough, the vehicle doesn't have it.

I thinking of going back to the dealer and insisteing they install it, given the ambiguity.

This is a Canadian vehicle, mind you.

Thanks.

You or the dealer has to buy the option when ordering with Ford. The class II hitch is not a standard feature, i havent heard of anything about the class I? The towing prep package gives you a bigger battery, radiator and transmission cooling system which are all factory fitted, however that doesnt stop you buying an aftermarket hitch and putting it on there.

You or the dealer has to buy the option when ordering with Ford. The class II hitch is not a standard feature, i havent heard of anything about the class I? The towing prep package gives you a bigger battery, radiator and transmission cooling system which are all factory fitted, however that doesnt stop you buying an aftermarket hitch and putting it on there.

The brochure I picked up at the dealer is clear. A Class I trailer hitch receiver is listed as standard equipment on the SE and SEL models (rebadged SEL and SEL+ according to the dealership).

The Class II with all the associated mechanical upgrades is an option on both.

What have other Canadaian buyers experienced?

The brochure I picked up at the dealer is clear. A Class I trailer hitch receiver is listed as standard equipment on the SE and SEL models (rebadged SEL and SEL+ according to the dealership).

I didnt get one on mine SEL+. I wish I had one though. I live in NY

Your brochure must be different from the one I have, because mine says "Class 1 towing".

No mention of any hitch, of any type.

But even if the brochure says, a receiver hitch is standard on all models, legally they owe you nothing, read the fine print at the bottom.

"Ford Division reserves the right to change product specifications at any time without incurring obligations." :redcard:

Not saying you can't try, but don't get your hopes up.

Ours came with the small hitch from the factory. It is a 1 1/4" shank which is good for 350 lbs tongue weight and 3500 lbs trailer. It won't tow much more than our Sea-Doo's. The factory one is smaller just to save space and not be so visible. The vehicle isn't rated for enough to really matter which hitch you use.

http://www.etrailer.com/hitch-2007_Ford_Edge.htm

This site has a bunch of different ones for the Edge.

Ours came with the small hitch from the factory. It is a 1 1/4" shank which is good for 350 lbs tongue weight and 3500 lbs trailer. It won't tow much more than our Sea-Doo's. The factory one is smaller just to save space and not be so visible. The vehicle isn't rated for enough to really matter which hitch you use.

http://www.etrailer.com/hitch-2007_Ford_Edge.htm

This site has a bunch of different ones for the Edge.

Did you order it specifically? It sound like all I need to mount a bike rack.

I saw the class I listed under mecahnical in the Canadian brochure but when I asked it is optional. It is a mistake.

The Class II was $500 and gave you the hitch, heavier battery and cooling.

I went with the class II to take advantage of the battery and cooling mainly.

Good value with that I think.

I saw the class I listed under mecahnical in the Canadian brochure but when I asked it is optional. It is a mistake.

The Class II was $500 and gave you the hitch, heavier battery and cooling.

I went with the class II to take advantage of the battery and cooling mainly.

Good value with that I think.

I just checked the window sticker that I have in the garage and we also got the Class II. It was $350 and came with the same battery too. The sticker say "HD 68amp battery"..Wouldn't it be a 68amp alternator and maybe a heavy duty battery??

EDGEOPHILE---- It is perfect for a bike rack. We are going to use it for a slide in cargo rack. One road trip with the baby and need some extra space for the long trips.

• 3 weeks later...
I didnt get one on mine SEL+. I wish I had one though. I live in NY

I have an Edge with the class I trailer hitch but I wanted the class II one. I would be glad to sell you my class I and ship it to you. Then I can buy the class II and put it on.

Let me know

Jeff Schaffer

• 4 weeks later...