Edge Grill Inserts

Does anyone know how the grill inserts attach to the chrome grill? Just wondering if there's any chance of the chrome getting scratched if I ever decide to remove them. Thanks!

One more question... What do you think is a reasonable price to pay to have them painted? My dealer was quoting me like $200 which seemed high to me.

They snap into the grille from the front. The inserts have a tab that fits into a slot in the grille. To remove them, you will have to pull the bumper and release the tab from the back.

$200 sounds about right to do it all. Unless do all the installation yourself...

• 2 weeks later...

They snap into the grille from the front. The inserts have a tab that fits into a slot in the grille. To remove them, you will have to pull the bumper and release the tab from the back.

$200 sounds about right to do it all. Unless do all the installation yourself...

Could someone go into these inserts in a little more detail? I just downloaded a 2012 Edge brochure and see that you can add that. I am so excited because I really love the look of the black but didn't go with the sport.

Does it go over the chrome? Would I be able to do it myself?

Does anyone know what Ford charges for this part? Thanks.

I have no idea how to install them as I got a body shop to do it for me, but I can tell you that you have to remove the chrome inserts inorder to put the black ones on.

The body shop that I dealt with got them painted and installed for $150 but they had a hell of a hard time trying to remove the grilles.

I know that in Canada Ford charges 360 just for the inserts but I ordered it online at Partscheap for 110. Keep in mind though Partscheap weren't able to get mine shipped out until a month after I placed my order due to "out of stock" status. :/

• 2 weeks later...

@ccl123: what was the part # you ordered from partscheap? Im looking to swap out the three horizontal chrome pieces on the front end for black ones. did you order the primed ones and paint them black to make it look like the sport front end? thanks

It went by the product code so BT4Z-8200-AA . I ordered this one http://www.partscheap.com/2011-2012-Ford-Edge-Painted-Grille-Inserts-p/bt4z-8200-aa.htm

It came as primed black but I got it painted as a glossy black :)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I went to the ford dealer, got a bottom a paint to match grill and about half a pint of tri-coat paint( for touch up) from their paint shop and air brushed it. The total price was a little over $100.00post-19860-0-34333600-1324827162_thumb.jpg

I did the same thing with my Edge Sport. Yours looks great.

• 1 year later...