Good aftermarket sites?

wlepse

I keep searching around and really can't find any sites with aftermarket parts made just for the Edge. I would have thought that one of the best (if not best) selling vehicle in its class would have more options out there. Most of what I find is generic stuff or if it is specific it is for the previous model years. I realize we can't get much out of the engine but I would think there would be more suspension, brake, exterior and interior parts out there. Do I just suck at the search? If anyone has some good sites out there please let me know. Pretty much the only place I have found Edge specific parts is Steeda and they don't have much.

This is not a vehicle that gets modified that often,... every time i pull up to another edge on the road, and look over, it's almost ALWAYS an older couple, and they have no clue that another ford edge is next to them, or could even care less.

So it really comes down to supply and demand,... not enough demand for the cool aftermarket stuff.

Check out pics of my edge in my photo album,.. you'll see that i feel your pain ;)

Cannon

Just baffles me. I read one story about how Ford sold 400k Edges before teh 11's came out. Even if there are only a few percent of the people that want to do something you think there would still be a decent market. Just sucks...I am coming from a Subaru and there are more options than you know what to do with. Oh well I guess I will need to get creative if I want to do stuff. I just know it will be a tough sell since this is the wife's ride and she likes to see the end result before making the commitment.

You said,... it's the wifes car. Thats why there's not alot of aftermarket parts LOL. Selling alot of something, and then selling alot of something to a target audience that modifies them, are two completely different things. I'm with ya though buddy. I wish they made a turbo system or a supercharger for our Edgies! More aftermarket grill options too.

Cannon

Yeah I guess you're right. Just frustrating because while I might come up with a few good add ons my execution to something I would like to keep in/on the car isn't likely. I have done a few things in the past and while other people really liked it all I saw were the couple little spots I thought I screwed up or could have done something better. For whatever reason I am not as critical of purchased parts.

You said,... it's the wifes car. Thats why there's not alot of aftermarket parts LOL. Selling alot of something, and then selling alot of something to a target audience that modifies them, are two completely different things. I'm with ya though buddy. I wish they made a turbo system or a supercharger for our Edgies! More aftermarket grill options too.

Cannon

Not sure which model you have, but Pro charger has a 3.7 l mustang kit. My friends performance shop was offered one to test fit on my Sport, but we need to do a lot more research before signing on to try this. Drive train strength is the single biggest concern.

http://www.procharger.com/2011_v6_mustang.shtml

http://www.google.com/search?q=procharger+3.7+mustang&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en&client=safari#q=procharger+3.7+mustang&hl=en&client=safari&tbo=u&prmd=ivns&source=univ&tbm=vid&sa=X&ei=siSiTta-OYLu0gG_7tGRBQ&ved=0CEYQqwQ&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.,cf.osb&fp=5ebe34d05ae1499b&biw=768&bih=946

What are the parts you'd like to see out there?

I guess most people who are purchasing the edge are young couples just starting out in life or just having their first child, or the other end of the spectrum, empty nesters who don't want to drive a grand marquis or equivelant... Actually there's probably a ton of thirty something's who don't fit a category that are driving them as well. Never the less, I'm sure ford wasn't expecting the "boy racer" types looking to trick out their crossover. I'm not saying it doesn't provide a great platform to start from, I personally think its a great looking vehicle. But at this point in my life (newly married, toddlers in car seats) its not a priority. I think the aftermarket realizes this and looks toward their target vehicles like subarus WRX line, Mitubishis lancer line ...etc. that younger adults are buying in droves and spending bucu $$$ customizing. Exhausts, CAI's, wheels, HIDs, theyre all easy to cross over from type of vehicle to the next. But the more specialized stuff like grills and ground effects (are they still called ground effects)? There's probably no market for.

Right there with you Igcitng. I don't fit the old, young, taxi, grocery ride thing either. I wanted to ride in style, haul the things I need a play! I would like to make some modifications but not that many as I like the edge as it is. I saw some guy trick out his exhaust and to each his own but I can't imagine taking my ride and trying to make it sound like a weak A** 4 banger! A few cosmetic or lighting modification parts would be sweet though. My husband basically sold me on this ride while I was searching. We have access to parts for just about anything at deep discounts, so all I have to do is say, Hey babe, I was thinking this would be cool on our Edge and he handles the rest. Turns out sweet everytime! He loves this ride just as much as I do and we both have a blast driving it. He does put it to some harder tests than I do, but it's all good. Still looks like allot of madificaitons for the edge will be fabrications though. Looking forward to seeing more input on this thread.

Right there with you Igcitng. I don't fit the old, young, taxi, grocery ride thing either. I wanted to ride in style, haul the things I need a play! I would like to make some modifications but not that many as I like the edge as it is. I saw some guy trick out his exhaust and to each his own but I can't imagine taking my ride and trying to make it sound like a weak A** 4 banger! A few cosmetic or lighting modification parts would be sweet though. My husband basically sold me on this ride while I was searching. We have access to parts for just about anything at deep discounts, so all I have to do is say, Hey babe, I was thinking this would be cool on our Edge and he handles the rest. Turns out sweet everytime! He loves this ride just as much as I do and we both have a blast driving it. He does put it to some harder tests than I do, but it's all good. Still looks like allot of madificaitons for the edge will be fabrications though. Looking forward to seeing more input on this thread.

Outside of style my love for the Edge is the cargo space. I can put a rediculous amount of stuff in it. Room for lots of dog crates and gear. A screen door in the box fits in it which was great when I bought it because I did not have to have it delivered. Got a tree in there too.

I keep searching around and really can't find any sites with aftermarket parts made just for the Edge. I would have thought that one of the best (if not best) selling vehicle in its class would have more options out there. Most of what I find is generic stuff or if it is specific it is for the previous model years. I realize we can't get much out of the engine but I would think there would be more suspension, brake, exterior and interior parts out there. Do I just suck at the search? If anyone has some good sites out there please let me know. Pretty much the only place I have found Edge specific parts is Steeda and they don't have much.

Try going to Steeda's site. They have a section just for the Edge w/suspension, brakes, cold air kit and tune, and a full exhaust system.