Balancing Issue TPMS

2007-Steven

Just to clarify....you took wheel from a 2011 and put them on a 2007? If so did you have the wheels machined? I thought the 2010 and earlier Edge's had a larger hub than the 11's and 12's, so if you didn't get this machined...could it be that one or more of the wheels are not on centered? If the wheel doesn't fit over the hub you would be relying on the lugs to center the wheel and if someone doesn't tighten them correctly it could become cocked.

Just to clarify....you took wheel from a 2011 and put them on a 2007? If so did you have the wheels machined? I thought the 2010 and earlier Edge's had a larger hub than the 11's and 12's, so if you didn't get this machined...could it be that one or more of the wheels are not on centered? If the wheel doesn't fit over the hub you would be relying on the lugs to center the wheel and if someone doesn't tighten them correctly it could become cocked.

Yeah, that.

We sold the hub caps off our 08 on craigslist and put after market wheels on.

Drove it for a couple thousand miles, one trip across Utah at a legal 80 mph.

Then one of the tpms came loose. Noticeable vibration.

We took it back to Discount Tire and they fixed it.

The tpms was not damaged.

ab

To clarify, yes I did have the hubs machined. I work for a machine shop and there is absolutely no issue with off center machining. Had the wheels on the vehicle for three or four months before and put on 5000km (3000mi) before having the sensors installed. I was thinking along the lines of the band for the sensor not being tight or coming loose. Thanks for your posts.

To clarify, yes I did have the hubs machined. I work for a machine shop and there is absolutely no issue with off center machining. Had the wheels on the vehicle for three or four months before and put on 5000km (3000mi) before having the sensors installed. I was thinking along the lines of the band for the sensor not being tight or coming loose. Thanks for your posts.

You can balance a hat box, but you can't make it roll unless it's perfectly round---- you possibly have a tire that is out of round. 4/64ths used to be the limit---