Weathertech vs. Huskyliner

igcitng

My idea for a couple of gifts this year is floormats. My mom and sister's boyfriend just bought new cars. I am undecided between Weathertech and Huskyliner. Anyone that has seen both? Other opinions? Thanks.

Not sure if you’re looking for all weather floor mats or liners, but I have the Weathertech floor liners on my 2011 Edge and they fit perfectly. I’m pleased with their appearance and they have those snap anchors, which hold them very securely.

I have the Husky liners on a 2003 Honda CR-V. They work well but don’t fit quite as well as the Weathertech – but then again I purchased the Husky liners back in 2003, so a newer version may fit even better.

This seems to largely depend on the model. From what I have read both tend to fit well but sometimes one will offer more protection than the other. Usually it is the front liners and how far up they go. I had a set of Weathertechs on my old ride and loved them. Worked great in the snow and for the mountain biking mud. Originally I picked up the WT because I didn't care for the diamond plate pattern on the Husky's but that is personal preference.

I bought the Husky all weather mats for my new 2012 Edge. The passenger side fits great, the drivers side not so great. There are a couple of plastic floor studs / carpet retainers on the floor that hold the Ford carpet in place. If you pull off the carpet the studs stick up into the back of the all weather mat and you have a couple of very annoying bumps there. I ended up leaving the carpet in place and putting the all weather mats on top so the studs / retainers wouldn't be so obvious. I assume that the Ford brand would have been designed for these two studs.

I bought the Husky all weather mats for my new 2012 Edge. The passenger side fits great, the drivers side not so great. There are a couple of plastic floor studs / carpet retainers on the floor that hold the Ford carpet in place. If you pull off the carpet the studs stick up into the back of the all weather mat and you have a couple of very annoying bumps there. I ended up leaving the carpet in place and putting the all weather mats on top so the studs / retainers wouldn't be so obvious. I assume that the Ford brand would have been designed for these two studs.

Besides the stud issue, does the drivers side fit pretty well? Or is having it on top of the original mat a problem? I may just go with the weathertechs for her. I need to try to make sure that her car has the studs and not the hook, weathertech has both applications for that car. :banghead:

I just put the WeatherTech liners in my 2011 Limited. They fit well and the raised lip is nice. I find the rear not be that much better than than oem all weather mats. The weathertechs are pricey for what you get as its just plastic/rubber. I also didn't care for the diamond plate look of the Husky. Diamond plate probably would look good in my F150 but not in Edge. If you go the WT route and you want them for Christmas, you may want to order them right away as they are back logged for shipments.

Spiff

• 1 month later...

I have the stock weather floor mats in my 2012. I hate how there is that slit in the top of it sorta under where the brake pedal is. Salt and misc stuff is already now on the carpet. I am thinking about getting a diff mat/mats for up front.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have the OEM all weather as they look nice. I really use them to trap sand from getting into the carpet. I would think the weathertech matts would be much better in places with snow. They would keep the salty water contained better.

In the trunk I have the weathertech and it's awesome. Traps all sorts of stuff and easy to remove and hose down.