Battery warranty?

Myfordedge08

Is that from date of purchase or model years?

Hi myfordedge. :D The 3 years/36,000 mile New Car Bumper to Bumper Warranty begins from the original date of purchase. Unfortunately, at 40,000 miles you are outside the Warranty period (unless you purchased an extended warranty which includes the battery).

Just for your own protection in the future, you may want to look over your Warranty Guide (given to all new car purchasers) so you know what other Warranty coverages and rights you still have remaining and how long they last.

Good luck. :beerchug:

Hi myfordedge. :D The 3 years/36,000 mile New Car Bumper to Bumper Warranty begins from the original date of purchase. Unfortunately, at 40,000 miles you are outside the Warranty period (unless you purchased an extended warranty which includes the battery).

Just for your own protection in the future, you may want to look over your Warranty Guide (given to all new car purchasers) so you know what other Warranty coverages and rights you still have remaining and how long they last.

Since he's in Canada I wasn't sure if it was 40K miles or 40K kilometers.

I've never heard of a battery being covered under the warranty because usually items that are known to wear out, such as wipers, brakes, batteries, filters, etc., aren't covered. I guess there are exceptions.

Batteries are not designed to "wear out" like brake pads and wiper blades, etc. thus they are covered by the b2b warranty.

Lincolns are actually covered for 4 yrs/50K miles.

Edited by akirby

I've never heard of a battery being covered under the warranty because usually items that are known to wear out, such as wipers, brakes, batteries, filters, etc., aren't covered. I guess there are exceptions.

Hi fifthranger. :D What akirby stated.

Batteries have been covered under the New Car Bumper to Bumper Warranty for as long as I can remember (which unfortunately for me, is a pretty long time).

In fact, if you check your Ford Warranty Guide, you will find that even brakes and wipers (among other items) have some limited coverages (from the Warranty Guide):

"- wiper blade replacements will be provided during the first 12 months

in service, regardless of miles driven

- wheel alignments and tire balancing (unless required by a warranty

repair) will be provided during the first 12 months or 12,000 miles in

service, whichever occurs first

- Brake pad/lining replacements will be provided during the first

12 months or 18,000 miles in service, whichever occurs first."

Hope this clears up any confusion.

• 1 year later...