Sirius Traffic in Canada

Here is a copy of an email I got back from Sirius about getting Travel Link services in Canada (traffic, weather, etc)

Hi .......,

Thank you for writing to us about receiving SIRIUS Traffic.

Unfortunately this service is currently unavailable in Canada. We do apologize for any inconvenience this may have brought you.

It is scheduled to be available on Ford and Chrysler vehicles in 2012 and SIRIUS Customers shall be among the first to be advised when it is available.

Please remember SIRIUS Customer Care is ready and willing to assist you anytime.

Sincerely,

Steven M

SIRIUS Customer Car

Im getting more and more excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

...It is scheduled to be available on Ford and Chrysler vehicles in 2012 and SIRIUS Customers shall be among the first to be advised when it is available. ...

Not to take the shine away, but Sirius Canada was saying the same thing last year about SIRIUS Traffic comiong out this year (2011).

Also notice the reference to 2012? Being 3 weeks away from 2012, you would think they could be a tad more precise.

Not trying to bash Sirius Canada (I have a subscription), but I think they have no clue

The reason I called was that it was working for about 3 days and then it stopped. They said on the phone that they had been testing it and that it will be being released soon. The lady on the phone didn't have an exact date but that they were all excited about being able to offer it soon.

So hopefully it will work soon!

I get the odd weather update as well as some sports info. When I get the weather info though it reads buffalo/Niagra region, but I'm @400 & steels area lol. Also I just renewed my subscription & the lady there told my that they are waiting to get there feed off of the X FM satellite seing as they just merged a few months back.

That is great news! What channel is it on? Are there channels for particular areas or does it see where you're at and give it to you for that area?

I believe Richy it see's your area via gps location & teel you based on that. Also someone mentioned above about the construction I too noticed that a few months back I got allot of yellow & black signs on my map.

I noticed it a few weeks ago as well. There were a lot of construction icons on my maps and a few roads seemed to show as different colors, which I believe was traffic. It did seem to be outdated info though as I passed a few ! marks on the map, but didn't see any issues in the real world.

My limited experience with the data in the US isn't that great. I thought it would be a great feature but on my trip from NJ to SC this summer all but one of the delays/slow downs it listed didn't exist by the time I got there. Maybe it is better around big cities at peak hours but the I-95 corridor is pretty well traveled regardless of time.