IPOD

JOEHIO

Went out shopping for a new Ipod, saw a Apple Ipod Nano, one is 6th generation, 16 GB for 4,000 songs. They also have one with wifi, 8GB, for $184, and the same one with 32 GB, for $299, on sale of $279 at Best Buy's. The question is not the price, but does anyone in the forum think that the one with 32 GB will take too long for indexing? I've read some threads that some have problems with the larger GB's, and some don't. These are both Ipod Nano 4th generation, which are on the "approved list" on syncmyride.

Thanks,

Joe

Went out shopping for a new Ipod, saw a Apple Ipod Nano, one is 6th generation, 16 GB for 4,000 songs. They also have one with wifi, 8GB, for $184, and the same one with 32 GB, for $299, on sale of $279 at Best Buy's. The question is not the price, but does anyone in the forum think that the one with 32 GB will take too long for indexing? I've read some threads that some have problems with the larger GB's, and some don't. These are both Ipod Nano 4th generation, which are on the "approved list" on syncmyride.

Thanks,

Joe

I have a 32gig touch plugged in - probably only 20 gig full, and I haven't had any problems.

I have a 5th generation Nano (no touch screen) that works great, it lives in the car. Can't get them anymore from what I can tell. My only concern about a touch screen ipod would be the glass and screen in extreme weather. Right now Target will give you a gift card with an ipod purchase, new in the ad yesterday check it out.

I have a 5th generation Nano (no touch screen) that works great, it lives in the car. Can't get them anymore from what I can tell. My only concern about a touch screen ipod would be the glass and screen in extreme weather. Right now Target will give you a gift card with an ipod purchase, new in the ad yesterday check it out.

Mine sits outside all day in AK and no problems yet in a year. I have found that sometimes with the extreme cold the battery will die and need to be taken inside to be charged and warmed, but the screen hasn't had any problems.

Thanks to all for your input, will have to check out Targets ad, see if Best buys can do better. Will probably put about 1,500 or more songs on it, have lots of good Polka's to add, plus my wife's favorites.

Joe

Have you considered a USB drive (assuming you only want to listen in the car)?

Didn't consider the USB, but it's a good thought.

Thanks,

Joe

I bought a 8 gb stick on sale at Target (Sony) for $15. Put all 550 of my daughter's songs on it and it works great including the playlists. Itunes Export is freeware that copies the songs and playlist from itunes and converts them to the correct format. Works great.